Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 60961 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2014, 10:54:32 AM »
Even if it's a retroactive paradox, Gil has an item in his vault, not neccesarily similar, but superior to whatever thing you have. Also GoB is self-fueled when it comes to Prana, Gil just needs to give it a target.

Erm, what?

Do you have a source for this claim? Because he certainly doesn't have Excalibur or Avalon in the vault, or anything similar or superior to them.

Gil has something that does exactly what Excalibur does better, he just doesn't have Excalibur itself.

No he doesn't. And he doesn't have Avalon or anything better than it, either.

This is probably best not discussed here, though, because it could go on for some time. We have a general Q&A thread for such things.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:56:03 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
I'm just going to answer the general lemon question that bl noobs flame me for.

Q: why do you write lemons with Satoshi

A: the reason I write lemons period is as follows. Way back in the before time there existed a place called beast's lair on the mythical proboards. There Lantz came to have fun in the neato type noon fandom, he did and so he created a poll, what route should I do? It was decided for many lulz that Shinji's route would be the one. Much fun was had and jokes about pie being the secret to the good end were made.

After this I was given two pieces of feedback

1) get you a beta

2) learn to write lemons, it makes the routes feel more like the VN.

thus I went out to learn, as with many learning processes this took time and was clunky and awkward. I continued to use when characters don't work for some reason. Side note of flesh and fantasy is a parody which is meant to write basically all the stuff you'd never see like Lancer plowing caster taiga and Archer etcetera, Satoshi wasn't the original "MC" either.

Also while Satoshi is great he's not the only character I have, just saying.

Brahmastra

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »
Even if it's a retroactive paradox, Gil has an item in his vault, not neccesarily similar, but superior to whatever thing you have. Also GoB is self-fueled when it comes to Prana, Gil just needs to give it a target.

Erm, what?

Do you have a source for this claim? Because he certainly doesn't have Excalibur or Avalon in the vault, or anything similar or superior to them.

Gil has something that does exactly what Excalibur does better, he just doesn't have Excalibur itself.

No he doesn't. And he doesn't have Avalon or anything better than it, either.

This is probably best not discussed here, though, because it could go on for some time. We have a general Q&A thread for such things.

This is literally the statement directly from CCC.

Also you are missing the point;

No, he does not have Excalibur or Avalon. He has, however, a similar object that's better at the same function (being the best holy sword/shooting kinetic beams of prana and dimension-hopping/omega regen respectively).

For an example used within the game itself, there's Karna's spear, Vasavi Shakti, a Divine Construct of the same magnitude as Excalibur and Avalon. Gil does not have Vasavi Shakti, but Gil without a doubt has a spear with the original version of Vasavi Shakti's function (killing immortals through the application of a Gaian concept of mortality).

Basically, presume that as long as it's been on earth and isn't bound by the rules of other celestial bodies, Gil has whatever your guy has, but better.

Once again, look up Plato's theory of forms. Using that as an example, Gil has the "perfect prototype" of whatever your guy has, no matter what it is. This is why he even has FTL spaceships that can cross the entire universe in seconds; He has the "root of all human wisdom" (again, different from The Root), and one day Nasu!Humans will build such a ship, so therefor Gil naturally has it.

I honestly dont give a shit if you find it unbelievable or implausible, Gil having everything ever has been established by CCC and confirmed by Word of God, no matter how special snowflake Satoshi is, Gil has anything he has and better. If lantz doesn't want that to be a thing, then he should write original fiction with Satoshi instead of relying upon the rules of the Nasuverse.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:48:05 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2014, 05:13:15 PM »
Q. If Acht is dead how does Satoshi inherit anything? There are other Einzberns.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »
Q. What does that mean? I asked how it could achieve an immeasurable level of damage which is basically EX. It's why I mentioned Ea and Transmigration Unto One.
Q. How does he exhaust a limitless vault? Which returns the treasures to him?

The first I would hold on as it may become irrelevant soon, the second is a valid request for clarification That should be addressed, though this time I will clarify the question.

Q. How is Gilgamesh able to empty a vault containing approximately infinite treasures, that is able to return said treasures to the vault before they touch the ground even when being fired by the hundreds or thousands?

In the case of the sword, I would say add to my previous suggestion a curse since it was forged in anger that forces the user to bear the weight of the life taken with the blade, to understand the true nature of that individual and what their life was to the world, and forever remember that they were the one to end it, because it needs to be worse than just feeling a life end, they need to know what that life meant.

Actually Avalon and Excalibur are entirely unique Originals that Gil doesn't have, that is why he want to add them to the vault.

Brahmastra

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2014, 07:13:40 PM »

Actually Avalon and Excalibur are entirely unique
You're right so far. Good

originals that Gil doesn't have, that is why he want to add them to the vault.

And you went and blew it with fanon. Don't get my hopes up like that.

1. Gil doesn't even know about Avalon, which is why he loses in Fate. He is shown to have an item in CCC that shuts down dimension-hopping, which would make Avalon impossible to use against him.

2. Gil has the functions of Excalibur and Avalon, he does not have the items themselves. I dont feel the need to repeat myself, just look at my post above. You are right in that the items themselves are uniques, but Gil still without a doubt has their functions.

3. Karna's Vasavi Shakti is explicitly the same type of object Avalon and Excalibur are, "one and only"'s made by Divine Spirits. Gil has the prototype of Vasavi Shakti.

4. Gil wants to add them to the vault because they're shiny. He has, amongst other things, also added Japanese playing cards from Hollow and Hakuno's lunch money to the vault. Please tell me more about how they're "unique existences" that get added to the vault because of that.

5. Like Mike, I presume you haven't played or read the translations of CCC and are thus 100% unfit for even arguing against me.

Since this is your first offense in citing fanon, I'll let you off the hook. I want you to go to Beast's Lair and ask them this same question and see the results you get from the most premium Moon-readers of the TM fandom. They will be what you get here.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:15:25 PM by Brahmastra »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »
Gilgamesh can't empty the vault as long as his NP is GoB. It happened back then when he was still a mortal(and young).

1. Gil doesn't even know about Avalon, which is why he loses in Fate. He is shown to have an item in CCC that shuts down dimension-hopping, which would make Avalon impossible to use against him.

Avalon isn't dimension travel. It is stated to be a miracle beyond True Magic and thus the Second can't compare/doesn't apply. There is no counter to something superior to cheating the system.

Brahmastra

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2014, 07:40:31 PM »

Avalon isn't dimension travel. It is stated to be a miracle beyond True Magic and thus the Second can't compare/doesn't apply. There is no counter to something superior to cheating the system.

It's an NP, therefor Gil has the Original function. There's no exceptions even if I got the exact mechanics of the item wrong.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:41:38 PM by Brahmastra »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2014, 07:50:39 PM »
It doesn't matter if Gil has proto-Avalon. You can't counter Avalon period.

From Side Material:

It was a Noble Phantasm reaching the realm of True Magic. Avalon shut out all physical interference, operation of parallel worlds, and multi-dimensional communication (up to the sixth dimension).
 If Saber went hikikomori, no one would reach her.

From CMIII:

•Avalon: The Everdistant Utopia
 The matching “scabbard” of the holy sword Excalibur. The wielder does not age, and injuries will also quickly heal.
 After invoking its true name, Avalon dissipates as tiny particles into the air, and shields the wielder from all interference. No damage can be done to the wielder when a state of absolute defence is initiated. Even interference from the parallel world based on the Second Magic will be blocked. An “absolute defence” that can even repel the assault of True Magic, it is a True Magic in itself. No one can harm the tranquil King that stands in the land of Avalon.
 When Avalon was unleashed, not even the King of Heroes could harm Sabre.

Brahmastra

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:39 PM »
Fair enough. Even if he doesn't have a counter to it (which I find somewhat implausible, but sure, we'll go with it), he has the prototype, which was what I was arguing.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »
It was a Noble Phantasm reaching the realm of True Magic. Avalon shut out all physical interference, operation of parallel worlds, and multi-dimensional communication (up to the sixth dimension).
 If Saber went hikikomori, no one would reach her.

The string theory predicts either 11 or 26 dimensions, as I recall, hue.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2014, 08:05:49 PM »
OK, can we please not use Lantz's Q&A thread for arguing about the contents of GoB? I moved the argument to a different thread for a reason....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2014, 08:53:53 PM »
@Umbra

A: there were, before Satoshi's 18th birthday, at that time, including Satoshi himself and Leysritt and Sella there are only six left.

@Kuro

A: last I checked NP's cost prana, so the GoB has limits. Further Satoshi stole the key (yes it has a key, the form is debatable but it's canon) so after that no gate.

as for the sword, no, a curse is a technicality, Satoshi has to have absolutely no wiggle room in being forced to accept what he's done. The horror must be felt, not imposed.

Brahmastra

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »

A: last I checked NP's cost prana, so the GoB has limits. Further Satoshi stole the key (yes it has a key, the form is debatable but it's canon) so after that no gate.

Shooting stuff from the GoB costs so little prana that it's not worth mentioning. Also there is nothing that doesnt say that Gil isn't using prana-generating NP's like the Book of Prelati within the Gate to restore what little mana he uses as he does it. That's not even getting into that he has more prana than can even be comprehended.

Also the Key is a part of the gate's contents and unless Satoshi can seal space like Enkidu, there's nothing that prevents Gil from just de-manifesting it and then making it reappear in his own hands.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »
Q: As a knight, Satoshi doesn't seem to have a problem with stealing from royalty. Is that just because he hates Gilgamesh, or for some other reason?
Spoiler for Best -monogatari: