Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 60752 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2014, 04:40:50 AM »
@Grey

A: in context the sword is used on day three to kill Gilgamesh after all of his weapons are exhausted.

A: short hand yes. Gilgamesh doesn't have Excalibur og in his vault after all.

A: everything except Li's and Archer's forms

A: not sure how I'm supposed to answer this

A: no

A: Technical knockout, unkillable means just that, not unbeatable or invulnerable.

@Kuro

Good idea but it has to be a sword reinforcing the weight of a life principle.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2014, 04:48:13 AM »
Funny thing is that in this case his original would be younger than Satoshi's descendant so what would happen then?

Plus, is it ever confirmed what Gil's armor is? I wanna see a quote.

Lantz, Ok one thing first,

Q. What is the Weight of a Life Principal? In detail please.

Brahmastra

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2014, 04:48:26 AM »
@Grey

A: short hand yes. Gilgamesh doesn't have Excalibur og in his vault after all.

Gil has something that does exactly what Excalibur does better, he just doesn't have Excalibur itself.

Funny thing is that in this case his original would be younger than Satoshi's descendant so what would happen then?

Plus, is it ever confirmed what Gil's armor is? I wanna see a quote.

Doesnt matter if his is technically younger, it's still better. I suggest you look up Plato's theory of forms. Using that as an example, everyone knows what a perfect circle or a straight line is, but you've never seen a 100% perfect circle or straight line. Gil has the perfect circle and 100% straight line, Satoshi has a near-perfect and 99.9% straight line.

Gil's armor is only mentioned as a Noble Phantasm by Shirou. Just assume it's a nameless, stupidly powerful armor that has magical protections and protection against petrification.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:53:50 AM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2014, 04:51:50 AM »
A: in context the sword is used on day three to kill Gilgamesh after all of his weapons are exhausted.
Q. How does he exhaust a limitless vault? Which returns the treasures to him?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2014, 04:53:53 AM »
@Kuro

first off to clarify, the sword of darkness is not as old as Satoshi is in total. Secondly, as Satoshi is not human (at the time) the blade is not retained in any form by the king of heroes.

A: the weight of a life is a reference to feeling someone die, to watch the life drain out of them. Ask soldiers, it's a haunting terrible thing. Satoshi needs to absolutely feel the weight of Gilgamesh's life when he kills him. It's one of the few immovable character moments that exist within the story.

@Umbra

A: Canon says that while they will return it's time based, not like archer who can instantly retrieve the item, further some of the weapons were flat out destroyed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:55:40 AM by lantzblades »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2014, 04:53:59 AM »
I was asking whether your sword was stronger than excalibur Lantz. If it is then it means Satoshi's hatred is greater than all of mankinds hopes and dreams. The reason I asked this was because if it is weaker than excalibur (as it logically should be) than Gilgamesh would be able to counter it because Gilgamesh is capable of counter excalibur slashes with Ea without even trying.

Brahmastra

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 04:57:56 AM »
@Kuro

first off to clarify, the sword of darkness is not as old as Satoshi is in total. Secondly, as Satoshi is not human (at the time) the blade is not retained in any form by the king of heroes.

Gil doesnt have the sword, he has the function, and a better one at that. Gil has the "root of all human knowledge" (not The Root) in the vault. Anything designed by or owned by anyone who might've only counted as a human for a split-second belongs in Gil's vault. There's literally no way out of this one. Also on the emptying vault thing, it's bullshit. Enkidu only managed it because at the time, Gil did not have all the weapons that came after him, which brought it to "infinite capacity".

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 05:00:53 AM »
Ok so  Kuro proposed a Q and A thread. I agree with the idea. He's suggested the following rules.

The setup would come with a few rules that everyone, would have to follow.

1. All questions must be prefixed with Q. Answers Must be prefixed with A.
2. All questions directed to Lantz must be queries related to the Mechanics, background, equipment, feats, or abilities of Satoshi or his other characters.
3. Lantz must address all questions, he can however decline to provide an answer.
4. All answers are final, no complaining.
5. If Lantz is open to suggestions about something he will say as much in the relevant answer.
6. Lantz acknowledges that any question he declines to answer is then open to interpretation by others till such a time as he chooses to clarify.
7. I don't know is an acceptable answer.
8. Questions containing direct or indirect insults as interpreted by ME (MR IMPARTIAL) will be excluded from the above.

so follow the rules and ask your questions.

Edit: these rules were pasted from pm, the ME refers to Kuro.
Q. What does that mean? I asked how it could achieve an immeasurable level of damage which is basically EX. It's why I mentioned Ea and Transmigration Unto One.
Q. How does he exhaust a limitless vault? Which returns the treasures to him?
^There is something that returns the items to the vault as well.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:29 AM »
Seeing lotta statements, not a lotta Questions

Brahmastra

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 05:13:38 AM »
Then answer the ones you are blatantly ignoring.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2014, 05:14:27 AM »
Read the rules Brah

Brahmastra

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2014, 05:16:19 AM »
State the ones you dont want to answer instead of behaving like a five-year old about it and turning the other cheek.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2014, 05:24:33 AM »
Rule one Brah.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2014, 05:37:50 AM »
please have mercy and use the quote function

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2014, 05:39:23 AM »
1. All questions must be prefixed with Q. Answers Must be prefixed with A.