Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 60091 times)

Brahmastra

Re: character Q and A
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 03:23:08 AM »
Im not complaining I'm asking for clarification because lantz is bending suspense of disbelief over a guard rail and nailing it in the ass right now. No lube.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:24:47 AM by Brahmastra »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 03:29:50 AM »
Gray, you are pushing it pretty hard, watch it with the scathing comments, I do not want to be pushing the report button on day 1.

Brahmastra... If you want clarification phrase your next Q based on what you learned from the previous ones.

That is what I did, it seemed to work rather well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:30:59 AM by Kurogami »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 03:37:01 AM »
@Gray

the word retard is offensive, take note and do not use it again.
I don't see it as bad per se. I just meant that she was so caught up on chivalry the effect it had on her decision making was comparative to mental impairment i.e. retardation.
A: only to known defense, in other words, nothing Gilgamesh has
Gilgamesh has every defense humanity ever had, has or ever will have in his vault because of the retconning nature of GoB. If gil doesn't have it that makes it unblockable by everything. So we return to the question.

Q: Why is it unblockable by everything? There should be concepts that could counter hate easily, like I don't know forgiveness, calm or other things.

Q: Satoshi forged it, Satoshi is human so why doesn't Gil have a better version of the hate stick in his vault?
A: they are proofs of certain skill masteries
Q: What skill masteries would be represented by elemental immunity?
I could understand some control but immunity seems a tad strange.

A: That is a loaded question, rephrase it

How is it loaded?
Q: You plan to make a character that parallels superman despite the fact that the struggle of modern humanity to reach anything near that level (all mages) or even atain a similar role (Kiritsugu, Archer, Shirou or one could argue Saber even) have been fruitless?

A: depends on the opponent.

Let me rephrase then.
Q: Since he is immune to everyone ever except reality warpers and uber fairies due to Avalon. How is any fight against people who aren't that remotely fair?

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2014, 03:38:03 AM »
Gray, you are pushing it pretty hard, watch it with the scathing comments, I do not want to be pushing the report button on day 1.

Brahmastra... If you want clarification phrase your next Q based on what you learned from the previous ones.

That is what I did, it seemed to work rather well.
I'm not sure where I'm pushing it. Can you clarify? I'm genuinely confused here as I'm pretty bad at telling when I'm pressing people's buttons.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2014, 03:49:17 AM »
@Gray

it doesn't matter if you see it as bad, it is offensive to me, stop or leave.

A: everything he has, simple as that.

A: interesting supposition, however Satoshi isn't simply human.

A: mastery of martial arts and elemental disciplines proved through the former.

A: it asks a supposition which forces a specific answer. So rephrase it.

A: depends on the opponent, some opponents aren't physical fighters. Plus tkos and the like.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2014, 03:53:49 AM »
The commentary implies bad things that are an insult to Lantz's ability as a writer, plus you aren't supposed to include the commentary in the first place. If you have a constructive suggestion, ask Lantz if he wants to hear it. DO NOT tear every answer he gives you apart and point out every flaw you see in his reasoning.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2014, 03:55:08 AM »
Q. What does that mean? I asked how it could achieve an immeasurable level of damage which is basically EX. It's why I mentioned Ea and Transmigration Unto One.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2014, 03:57:45 AM »
Could I make a suggestion about Sword of Darkness?

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:03 AM »
Sure Kuro, it's never been intrinsically required to be exactly what it is to fit the story.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2014, 04:05:08 AM »
@Gray
it doesn't matter if you see it as bad, it is offensive to me, stop or leave.
I still don't get what wrong with using the word if you're using it to describe stupidity, but if it messes with you so much then I'll stop.
A: everything he has, simple as that.
I'm saying that Gilgamesh has one of conceivable everything at least in base concept. So how is that sword able to counter any of a possible infinite list of conceptual and/or physical defenses? Or bypass any counter offensives (excalibur could be deflected with an Ea slash).
Q: Are you saying that Satoshi's one grudge is more powerful than the combined hopes and dreams of humanity (Excalibur) as Gil can tank that along with all of humanities evil?
A: interesting supposition, however Satoshi isn't simply human.
Q:You mean his nature as fae construct? Or is it the fact he's like quarter (or is it threed quarters after the soul nomming of the dragon?) dragon?
A: mastery of martial arts and elemental disciplines proved through the former.
Q: What type of Martial arts has he mastered?
Q: What do you mean by elemental disciplines?
Q: Nasuverse characters are born with elemental affinites that control what they learn so are you saying that Satoshi is an average one  since he can do all of the elements? If so why is he an average one despite their incredible rarity?
A: it asks a supposition which forces a specific answer. So rephrase it.
Is it really a supposition. Shirou's struggle which he inherited from his father has been stated multiple times to be an "impossible dream". Saber has saved people and led them but gave them no real direction like how superman just saves he doesn't do much beyond that and act as symbol. Saber even had overwhelming power and a group of friends with overwhelming power and still couldn't pull off the Supes thing. So what's the problem with the question? I can't honestly see it.
Anybody reading this can you help clarify? Kuro may you?
A: depends on the opponent, some opponents aren't physical fighters. Plus tkos and the like.
"tkos" by that do you mean total knock outs?

I'm saying he's immune to everythign and after few million of years of phsychological attacks you'd gain immunity Q:So how is he vulnerable in any way, as the only solution to defeating him seems to be "don't fight him at all, sneak attack or play mind games"?

Edit: didn't see you're explanation on the behaviour limits, Kuro. I'll stop if this is too much.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:09:50 AM by Gray »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2014, 04:25:37 AM »
I would make it a conceptual weapon specifically that has the effect of nullifying Gil's prana, this would do little against sword rain or things that trigger without his prana, but it would entirely ignore his armor (made of it) and if he tried to activate an NP other than EA you could cancel it.
Plus with a few million (or whatever it is) years of mystery behind it you won't have to worry about it's concept being overwhelmed by most things. EA of course being the exception. Depiction wise it would be like a black hole that consumes the power of the king when it strikes.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2014, 04:27:57 AM »
Even then Gil would likely have some defense against that.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2014, 04:32:07 AM »
True, but he has a defense against everything, including things that cannot be defended against, so that isn't saying much.

Brahmastra

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2014, 04:35:55 AM »
I would make it a conceptual weapon specifically that has the effect of nullifying Gil's prana, this would do little against sword rain or things that trigger without his prana, but it would entirely ignore his armor (made of it) and if he tried to activate an NP other than EA you could cancel it.
Plus with a few million (or whatever it is) years of mystery behind it you won't have to worry about it's concept being overwhelmed by most things. EA of course being the exception. Depiction wise it would be like a black hole that consumes the power of the king when it strikes.

Gil's armor isnt made of raw prana like Saber's. Also expect Gil to just pull out it's superior and smack Satoshi's shit with it.

Here's how Gate of Babylon works, just for the record. Even if it's a retroactive paradox, Gil has an item in his vault, not neccesarily similar, but superior to whatever thing you have. Also GoB is self-fueled when it comes to Prana, Gil just needs to give it a target.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2014, 04:40:02 AM »
Is his armor even made of prana? I thought it was an NP(may be fanon)?