Author Topic: The Nasuverse in perspective.  (Read 16364 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: The Nasuverse in perspective.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 05:21:04 AM »
those all have multiple writers per franchise though

It's the same with WH40k, CS goto is completely full of shit so people ignore what he writes, or say, different writers have different ideas of the size of space marines or some primarchs so there's nothing clear about their size and people have to go with their headcanon or have shapeshifting marines and primarchs, which makes no sense (Unless Chaos).

But Nasu is one man, one writer, one God.

And when word of this God says "something is this specific way" and you say "but no, my way is better" then you become mini-CS goto.

if you get what I mean

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 05:29:52 AM »
Ok, fine names, I'm done. Your comments prove my point, I will never get through to any of you, it's better then not to try. Have fun but never discuss your opinions with me.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 05:51:09 AM »
It isn't his opinion it's a fucking fact dude.

Nasu canon is what nasu says it is.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 06:15:49 AM »
The thing is, Lantz, you look at the nasuverse the same way you look at your comic books or at star strek: As a collection of stories with characters told in a world that works this way, but with a world (and by extension wordly mechanics) that are interchangeable: Spiderman doesn't always have web-string cartridges throughout the worlds and can just shoots strings by himself in some, so a nasuverse world where a modern man can enter the throne MUST be possible, because only one guy said it wasn't possible.

Except, as I said, multiple writers, reboots. The reason there is canon accepted by fans and canon not accepted by fans is because of those two factors: multiple writers and multiple reboots.

The nasuverse has no reboots, and has one writer. There're character materials that provide one SORTA retcon, and it is completely inconsequential: Shirou lost his mind and the picture of excalibur was blurry anyway. So the canon that is is the only canon and the canon that will be. There is one writer and his word is law.

Learn to look at different works differently: Nasu's stuff doesn't operate the same way as comic books, or star trek, or star wars. There's no extended universe with a gorillion writers, no shitty reboots, no CS Gotos, there is what there is.

If what there is is somehow dissatisfactory to you, then... well, take the bits you like from the nasuverse. Take the bits you like from other things. Write an original world, with inspiration taken from many things. A world where three wizards CAN throw a dragon's soul into a kid without people asking "Doesn't the body reflect the soul? Wasn't HF all about dat shit? Why ain't he scaly?"

And if you're not going to... tough. Nobody, at all, sees the nasuverse the same way you do, but if you want to keep going with your "personal canon," then go ahead. Just don't be surprised when new people drop in and go wtf.

Because... wtf.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:16:30 AM by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 06:34:04 AM »
You clearly aren't listening Names. Please desist your attempts to push me out of the fandom.

Arch I suggest you leave.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 06:50:38 AM »
He's not trying to push you out of the fandom. He's making a point, one you continuously miss.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 06:51:38 AM »
can we not do the mike thing where interpersonal disagreements are understood in some kind of weird exile context

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 07:01:03 AM »
We could Leo, if y'know that wasn't exactly what was happening. Canon canon canon blah. And when I provide absolute evidence that I'm fully in the right because Nasu directly explained the second magic and it's function and then also said every ending is canon, I'm told to go write plagiaristic works outside the fandom.

I tried to get everyone on the same level, to be reasonable and stop talking over each other but that obviously not an option. As such I feel completely justified in refusing to listen to the "criticism" I'm given.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 07:12:18 AM »
We could Leo, if y'know that wasn't exactly what was happening. Canon canon canon blah. And when I provide absolute evidence that I'm fully in the right because Nasu directly explained the second magic and it's function and then also said every ending is canon, I'm told to go write plagiaristic works outside the fandom.

I tried to get everyone on the same level, to be reasonable and stop talking over each other but that obviously not an option. As such I feel completely justified in refusing to listen to the "criticism" I'm given.
>Plagiaristic

There's a difference between plagiarism and being inspired by something.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 07:15:50 AM »
inspiration is plagiarism, okay

And hey if you feel like everyone's trying to exile you, that's on you. I don't think that many(maybe one guy) people have actually told you to fuck off from the entire fandom.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »
Can't see how you're doing anything but when you ignore my points and tell me to go write something apart from fandom related work Names. I've used word of god to justify my point of view when asked. The only complaints I get are ones that fail to refute my claims yet still demand I stop writing.

I'm not going to entertain fanboy crap, none of you are Nasu, don't tell me how to write unless you make it legal to get paid for fan fiction and then pay me.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2014, 03:50:52 PM »
Lantz canon is far from stifling. There are many well written fanfics that follow the boundaries that canon creates.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
To you Umbra, not to me. I find the repetition of the concepts well established in canon to be faulty. I find the loss of cast members to be disappointing I find that the insufferable conditions in the larger world to make writing pointless.

I am not a parrot and if the heroes cannot succeed (not if they fail but if they are never given a real chance to succeed) then any story told becomes pointless, might as well give it a paragraph summery and move on to valid work that is more than a nihilistic mess.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »
Nihilism is a valid aesthetic and failing doesn't even make something nihilism in the first place. 

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2014, 05:09:47 PM »
It's a more complex thing within the nasuverse that I'm referring to Leo but yeah you are correct technically. Nevertheless my point stands, a story where failure is the ultimate outcome with no chance of divergence is pointless as far as I'm concerned. Canon in the Nasuverse locks that in as fact, Altrouge can't be killed because future sight, Kirei is dead as is Gilgamesh and all the rest of the TM bad guys (except Zouken in some cases) and the rest of the villains would have then be OC's which I think defeats the point.