Author Topic: The KAIZAverse  (Read 26654 times)

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
Re: The KAIZAverse
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:48:20 AM »
Also, sorry for double post, but, here's a sketch of Iri:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »
What's funny about that is that its name is written right there in the picture (in katakana, sure, but it's there). :P

Well, unless the name happens to be "Sakura", that isn't very helpful....

And, nice sketch.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »
Well, unless the name happens to be "Sakura", that isn't very helpful....

And, nice sketch.
Hey, I did say nobody would recognize it.
Spoiler for Hiden:
It's the final boss of House of the Dead 4, The World - Type β. An arcade game. Yeah.
Also, thanks. :)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 08:29:52 PM »
Well, I've heard of the game, at least....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 08:48:56 PM »
I only know 2 kaiza, as for the new art it's very nice

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Well, I have only played the first one or two, I think, but I know of the series.

OPOI

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 05:05:50 AM »
I know, I know. I did that minutes after posting. (Though why I haven't spoilered them yet...?)

Anyhow, two more sketches. First one people probably won't recognize, second one if you know Tsukihime.

Proof that I like drawing obscure stuff nobody knows/cares about.

I hate drawing this type of hair. m(_ _)m
Why do most TM males have to have that hair?!
And now to wait for the mistakes...
Agreed about the hair, it's so goddamn retarded to draw, it's spiky, but the spikes are small enough to give the illusion of flatness.
Overall, you've got a really good understanding about proportions and facial structures (it's 1000 times better than anything I've tried). The only complaint would be that your guys and girls have the same faces, but I guess that depends on the character...
The main problem with wings is that you're using the wrong ones. Angel ones are giant one piece bird like ones, but you've been drawing insect wings...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:16:45 AM by OPOI »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 11:31:02 PM »
Agreed about the hair, it's so goddamn retarded to draw, it's spiky, but the spikes are small enough to give the illusion of flatness.
Overall, you've got a really good understanding about proportions and facial structures (it's 1000 times better than anything I've tried). The only complaint would be that your guys and girls have the same faces, but I guess that depends on the character...
The main problem with wings is that you're using the wrong ones. Angel ones are giant one piece bird like ones, but you've been drawing insect wings...
Yeah...six face syndrome is something that has plagued me these last couple of years. (|||=_=)
Been trying to counter that, though I haven't been exactly successful.

As for the wings...I know those are insect wings. I drew those instead of the normal ones after they ended up looking ugly. I don't know, when it comes to those, I guess it's more of a hit and miss.

Well, in any case, I just started drawing a Fire Emblem: Awakening comic! You can find it here if you're interested. At the moment, only chapter 1 is up, but when I get the time, I'll start working on the next chapters.
Don't worry, it'll only be about four chapters long, tops. Still, this is my first attempt at a larger project, so, I guess some critique would be appreciated. :3

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »
Well, I don't have the foggiest clue what is going on there, but it is pretty well drawn, although the drawing (especially faces) is quite simplistic (I assume that is intentional).

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58:20 PM »
Well, I don't have the foggiest clue what is going on there, but it is pretty well drawn, although the drawing (especially faces) is quite simplistic (I assume that is intentional).
Yeah...some familiarity with the characters would help a bit...the no dialogue thing doesn't help either.
I'll try to explain as best I can:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Anna (a merchant who loves making money) finds a strange magic tome in a chest. Seeing how it was in a treasure chest, she concludes it must be worth some money. So she goes back to the barracks to see if she can sell it to her teammates. She finds Lucina (Main character Chrom's daughter from the future) and Miriel (a mage), and tries to sell them the book. They don't fall for it, though Miriel seems to recognize the tome. Not taking no for an answer, Anna goes ahead and tries to up her sales pitch by doing a demonstration. Finally realizing what the book actually is, Miriel tries to stop her, but is just too late, as the tome's spell hits Lucina, and turns her into a child.

More plot coming in chapter 2.
As for the artstyle...it is intentional in some places, but yeah, my art leans towards the simplistic. Hence why I practice and keep trying to improve.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:03:51 AM by KAIZA »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »
Ah, OK.

Well, this definitely looks interesting.

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 03:45:09 AM »

Overall it's interesting, though like Mike said, If you hadn't explained the story, I wouldn't have any idea about what's going on...besides the basics like a girl finds magic book and turns some poor mook who's probably her friend into a child, etc

Try shading, I think it'll help, even if you're going for simplistic....

Faces are a bit sharp and angular at times, like with the witch.
I also think you should try squashing their faces a little, I find that sharp long faces are usually male characters, whilst softer smaller faces work for girls

Besides that...TEACH ME about drawing body postures! They're soo hard, but you're soo good at it!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:00:29 AM by OPOI »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 04:26:02 AM »
Overall it's interesting, though like Mike said, If you hadn't explained the story, I wouldn't have any idea about what's going on...besides the basics like a girl finds magic book and turns some poor mook who's probably her friend into a child, etc

Try shading, I think it'll help, even if you're going for simplistic....

Faces are a bit sharp and angular at times, like with the witch.
I also think you should try squashing their faces a little, I find that sharp long faces are usually male characters, whilst softer smaller faces work for girls

Besides that...TEACH ME about drawing body postures! They're soo hard, but you're soo good at it!
Yeah...the no dialogue has been a hit-and-miss so far...and this is just the intro. Later on I'll have to deal with stuff that kinda worked better with narration and dialogue. Still, I do want to make this work. I might add dialogue in the future, after I finish it; to see if in the end the whole thing worked out, and because even though I have the whole idea planned out, I'm drawing this as I go.

Since shading I still need practice (along with coloring), we'll see how it goes.
Faces...yeah, it's a bit harder for me to draw them using the tablet (much easier with a pencil), though my unfamiliarity with drawing the characters didn't help early on. I do hope to improve on that one as I go.

As for postures...believe me, even though they're not perfect, the postures ended up looking much better than I thought they would. Overall, I just picture the scene in my head, make a rough sketch/outline of the character in one layer based on that, then start drawing in another. I do sometimes make corrections in the second layer, since the rough sketch doesn't always translate very well into lineart.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:42:02 AM by KAIZA »

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 04:50:52 AM »
Oh yeah I completely forgot how hard it is to draw on a tablet...

The main problem with no dialogue and narration is obviously setting, so... I guess make huge banners when you're introducing people? I dunno...

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »
New drawing, and first complete drawing with shading and lighting. Took a few hours to make:

Why V/V? Because yes.
I may have overdone it with the glow, though...