Author Topic: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)  (Read 26807 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 11:57:37 AM »
You were rude Kat, I clearly stated that it was a different universe and that things work differently and you immediately accused me of not knowing the source material. That's rude, leave.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »
Then write original fiction, please. It's not Nasuverse if it does not follow the original author's rules. Even guest writers have to follow the rules.

And you did not list anywhere, I think, an extensive list of changes and differences in your original universe in comparison to Nasuverse, so people naturally assume it should follow Nasuverse's rules.

PS. If that's not polite, then I seriously give up...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:04:27 PM by AKatIsFineToo »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »
Yes Umbra, it would have those stats but all the extra ability is shunted off by the RM's restriction, Leysritt is stronger than a human anyway. Seriously she can fend off servant with her hali. In addition while it hasn't been directly revealed Satoshi used a fifth rule dude. He muttered it.

as for wrestling, she trained with Hercules because in their home reality he's sane and in full control of his strength.

as for you Kat, you simply have to avoid breaking the rules. You broke them, now hit the road.
Leysritt can fend low tier servant with a halberd. ORT is superior to any servant in stats and Leysritt does not have her halberd. There is also the fact that if ORT can passively overwrite Gaia's RM then Satoshi's would be crushed in moments.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »
It's not Satoshi's universe Kat, the journey goes through many different worlds, this one, like many others is bizarre.

normally you are correct Umbra (a fact Satoshi learned when he faced the character Andromeda) The arena they are fighting in is a special arena and the Referee is the ultimate authority, whoever takes the position becomes strong enough to defeat combatants in order to keep the matches fair.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 12:24:04 PM »
It's not Satoshi's universe Kat, the journey goes through many different worlds, this one, like many others is bizarre.

I'll ask politely, why do you not specify the rules of every universe he visits? That only adds to the confusion, because we don't know what rules are applicable.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 12:35:35 PM »
All intended lethal force is immediately transferred to the Referee. Ort couldn't damage them as a result, also why Satoshi collapsed, Avalon couldn't keep up.

I do Kat, but when the rules are actually presented, during flash forwards like this if I were to explain everything there would be no suspense of any kind. Also that shit be clunky as fuck to drop randomly.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
There is nothing to be ashamed of a third person narrator explaining things and rules, I mean Hirohiko Araki does that. It's old school but time tested narrative technique.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
Even if ORT couldn't use lethal force it could literally hold Leysritt down with one hand. The difference in strength is like saying Rider could pin Heracles.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
I think it would have been more appropiate if lantzblades went ahead and stated that this ORT is not a Type, but let's say, a shapeshifting alien with appropiate power level for this particular setting.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
Yes, it could have Umbra but that's something ORT never though of. It was hell bent on killing them and as a result lost.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 01:47:19 PM »
Why [the fuck] is ORT female? Does Satoshi need another character to stick his dick in or something?

And why does Satoshi have UBW? That's not how the anything works.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:48:41 PM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
Lyco watch that attitude. ORT is female for two reasons, Leysritt (it copied the form of it's opponent) and because of Venus, specifically a joke.

he does not have the Unlimited blade works

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »
ORT is from Mercury.

Type Venus is the guitar playing angel.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
Yes, it could have Umbra but that's dollqw2dollqw2dollqw2something ORT never though of. It was hell bent on killing them and as a result lost.

This still doesn't explain how Leysritt managed to pin ORT. A single hit would send her flying like a ragdoll even if it didn't kill her. There is also the fact that pinning a being infinitely stronger than you is nearly impossible.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:58:07 PM by Umbra of Chaos »