Author Topic: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)  (Read 26808 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:08:19 AM »
Ok feel free to discuss the work, give opinions etcetera. Obey the rules and have fun.

the rules

1) be polite, yelling, name calling, abuse, trolling personal attacks and mean spirited crap will not be tolerated here.

2) discuss only the content contained in the work here.

3) Rules will be amended in the future if required.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:30:34 AM by Alice »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 05:15:02 AM »
This work is fucking utter trash. The author has no concept of story structure, and creates threads about his fic when there are already such threads made. From the beginning, the main character comes off as an unlikeable motherfucker (literally if some of Lantz's other works are to be considered canon) who has the dumbest fucking comments I've ever read on situations, and seems to be even more oblivious than Shirou without making a conscious effort on that front, like Shirou did. He seems to view being fed human organs of his aunt and or cousin (Oh, right, the author makes the same fucking mistake of many a bad fanfiction writer in naming his characters the same as actual canon characters, when they're the sons/daughters of such. And those characters are both A), still alive, and B) from a culture that doesn't let that shit fly) as an only minorly unpleasant experience. So he's a fucking psychopath who cares nothing for others too.

THis thing should be thrown in the trash, have gas thrown over it, and lit on fire.

Also, there's already a thread for this fic up so fucking delete this thread mods, because Lantz is just cluttering up the forum's again.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 05:17:45 AM »
Yet another thread you should be avoiding, Magos.

Yes, this means leave the thread immediately. And before anyone asks, no, the other one is also off-limits.

Again, this is for your own good.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:19:37 AM by KAIZA »

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 07:52:37 AM »
Pile driving ORT? That's a little too ridiculous for my taste. Then again, I don't understand your metaphysics Lantz.

Can you explain?
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:26:10 AM »
I will say that not doing research nor caring about doing it, as well as total disregard for the basic principles of Nasuverse combined with imbalance in power levels and poor grammar are the major flaws of the fic that must be fixed.

Why the heck ORT is fighting Leysritt. ORT is singlest most powerful being on Earth!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:39:17 AM by AKatIsFineToo »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »
Ort is in a human form Qwerty and the rest of the rules render her unable to harm Leysritt, as with all wrestling matches it's pin, and Leysritt lives with Hercules so bam.

different universe Kat, different rules, this one is a touch on the silly side comparatively. I know how the Nasuverse works.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:45 AM »
You do not understand how Nasuverse works. You think that everything is possible, while it is not, because certain things are not going to happen, regardless of circumstances.

Like somebody having TWO Reality Marbles, let alone inheriting a one through blood. Reality Marble is consistently established to reflect the soul of the user. Satoshi is not Shirou nor he has Origin of Sword.

The whole "infinite parallel worlds" it's just an excuse to defend lack of research and bad writing. I recommend rereading all available Nasuverse works and materials as the first step.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 09:14:25 AM »
He has one reality marble, one.

now please take your hostility and leave, it's against the rules.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »
I take it ANY criticism is against the rules.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
Just the mean spirited crap Kat, now seriously leave.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »
So we have to ignore every flaw to be not "mean spirited"?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
Ort is in a human form Qwerty and the rest of the rules render her unable to harm Leysritt, as with all wrestling matches it's pin, and Leysritt lives with Hercules so bam.
Lantz living with Heracles does not mean that she wrestles or trains with him because that might end up with a dead homonculus. There is also the fact that ORT constrained to human limits would still probably have A+++ to EX stats. It's a Type for a reason.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »
Friggin' Gaia cannot wipe out ORT's Reality Marble. It is that strong.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »
Yes Umbra, it would have those stats but all the extra ability is shunted off by the RM's restriction, Leysritt is stronger than a human anyway. Seriously she can fend off servant with her hali. In addition while it hasn't been directly revealed Satoshi used a fifth rule dude. He muttered it.

as for wrestling, she trained with Hercules because in their home reality he's sane and in full control of his strength.

as for you Kat, you simply have to avoid breaking the rules. You broke them, now hit the road.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:51:12 AM by lantzblades »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »
1) be polite, yelling, name calling, abuse, trolling personal attacks and mean spirited crap will not be tolerated here.

If mean spirited crap means criticism, then discussion and by extension creating this thread is without meaning.

2) discuss only the content contained in the work here.

We ARE discussing the content.

Yes Umbra, it would have those stats but all the extra ability is shunted off by the RM's restriction

Do you seriously think Satoshi's RM can affect something that laughs off Gaia's interference?

Seriously she can fend off servant with her hali

Do we see her fending off non-bottom tier Servant?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:59:08 AM by AKatIsFineToo »