Author Topic: The Command Spell distinguishing.  (Read 5690 times)

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
The Command Spell distinguishing.
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:57:31 PM »
I understand with all the Purple and all this place is run by a Sakura Lover (I'm looking at you Mike/Cherry Lover).

I find the layer of Command spells at the bottom of names to represent ranks could get improvement. Instead of repeated use of Sakura Command spells of different colours we could instead have Kotomine Kirei's command seals.

I say this because we could have everyone start off with 3 command seals and the higher rank you are in forum the more it "adminitrator" (as in administrator of the grail war and admin of the forum) seals added. Have the highest rank have all 15 or so interweaved seals and intermediate seal amounts for anyone who is lower rank.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The Command Spell distinguishing.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:14:16 PM »
Actually, oddly enough, the theme wasn't my idea at all. I approved it, obviously, but Alice designed and made it.

As for the command spell thing, I'm not sure how that would work. I think it would take up too much space, and the mechanics of the forum mean that we can't have "interweaved seals" like that.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 11:19:46 PM »
I simply switched my theme because I was fed up with too much purple everywhere (my eyesight is kind of bad, so it was straining my eye. My right one is nearly blind, so my healthy left one has to make up). Red It theme is toned down mix of red and white, I would say better than the theme I use at BL. No CSes, but I don't care about my theme being Fate themed much.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:26:21 PM »
The seals right now are just pictures. I'm saying you just have multiple pictures that you swap out instead of posting the same picture multiple times.
I'm saying you take Kotomine's extended administrator seal and edit out one seal at a time via photoshop and have a picture for each level. Enlarge it and turn it side ways and you have a canon masterness bar based on command spells.
The size of the seal denotes rank and have the people able to choose colour.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »
Is there a point to this? Other than the fact that it would look cooler?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »
The seals right now are just pictures. I'm saying you just have multiple pictures that you swap out instead of posting the same picture multiple times.
I'm saying you take Kotomine's extended administrator seal and edit out one seal at a time via photoshop and have a picture for each level. Enlarge it and turn it side ways and you have a canon masterness bar based on command spells.
The size of the seal denotes rank and have the people able to choose colour.

It's not that simple. Due to the way that the ranks work, we can't assign ordinary users different images depending on their rank. They just get a different number of the basic image depending on rank. And, nor can we let them choose the colour, because it's a fixed image that is assigned on a whole-group level.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 05:43:47 AM »
I just don't want it to be so sakura biased is all. I like her as character but Kirei's command spells make more sense is all. Also it would look cooler yes.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
Well, on a technical level what you asked for won't work, at least without me changing the code of the forum heavily.

Also, the theme is actually based around CCC, so Kotomine's command spells won't really make sense. If you don't like it, then we do have other themes, including a UBW-based one.