Author Topic: Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour (interactive fiction, possible lemon)  (Read 25495 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour

This is an interactive fan fiction. The characters of the Nasuverse (along with fan characters, OCs, genderswaps etcetera) are all trapped in a large facility, complete with all the amenities needed for normal living.

Their time in the facility is divided into two categories, daily life and deadly life. In the former characters carry on in a slice-of-life manner, socializing and the like. In the latter characters fight for their lives (unlike situations like dangan ronpa however it is not against each other). The survival and relationships of the characters depend on you, the voters.

However, in addition to the usual voting process, each voter chooses characters to support. In helping Shirou succeed, the chosen characters get points, with enough points you can improve their relationship with other characters, and encourage romance and the like.

The relationships assist survival in deadly life as bonuses to the character's abilities and in recovery in the case they fail. Should they fail too many times they will be confronted by Satsujinki and given one final chance to escape death, should they fail this then they die permanently.

The objective is for the characters to survive until they can escape the facility.

The mechanics

Alongside their first vote, each player submits a list of six female characters that they wish to support. Note that, once submitted, this can not be changed, so choose carefully.

Choosing the correct option in a vote gets you a point for each character you support. For every ten points a given character obtains, that character's supporters get to choose an event, action or special scene (lemon, comedic, action etcetera) involving them.

Additionally to this, a character's points are also used to develop relationships between them and other characters (both male and female). These relationships give them a bonus to their survival rolls in the deadly life chapters. There are seven relationship levels for each pairing, and for every ten points assigned to the pairing by a character's supporters, the relationship level advances by one (for female/female pairings, the relationship level can be increased by either character's supporters and is shared between the characters, but the ten points needed to increase the level must all come from the supporters of one character).

The relationship levels are as follows:

1. Acquaintance.
2. Friend.
3. Buddy.
4. Best Friend.
5. More than friends.
6. Interested.
7. Romantically Involved.

On reaching the final level, a vote will be held amongst the character's supporters to see if they should pursue a romantic relationship with the character in question (subject to sexuality, compabitility with any existing relationships they may have and, in the case of a female partner, acceptance by the partner's supporters). If the supporters vote against, then no relationship is formed, but the relationship level and associated bonus is still increased.

The story is split into acts. In each act, there are a minimum of three chapters for daily life, and anything from one to six for deadly life. For the deadly life sections, six female characters are chosen from the 30 available using a table and a six-sided dice, and they, together with the male characters, have to fight for their survival.

To survive, the character has to score a roll of 15 or higher (after relationship bonuses) on a 20-sided dice. Male characters have to survive one such roll per act, whilst the chosen female characters must survive three. Each character has ten hit points, and every roll they fail causes them to take damage.

Finally, every character has a synergy with certain others, based on their personal preferences and those of the other character. If these characters are together in deadly life then they get an additional bonus (depending on their relationship level), helping them to survive peril.

The cast

Guys

Shirou
Archer
Shinji
Gilgamesh
Satoshi
Lancer

Girls

Arcuied
Ciel
Akiha
Hisui
Kohaku
Satsuki
Sion
Dust of Osiris
Mecha Hisui
Saber
Rin
Sakura
Rider (Medusa)
Caster (Medea)
Ayako
Bazzet
Caren
Sella
Leysritt
Rin (Extra)
Saber (Nero)
Rider (Drake)
Caster (Tamano)
Archerko (Swords dancers Ilya)
Emilya (heavens failure Shirou)
Fem Gilgamesh
Fem Archer
Fem Lancer
Fem Shirou
Fem Kirei

Index:

Prologue:
Choice one - this post.
Choice two
Choice three
Choice four
Choice five

Prologue

"Well, what are you waiting for kid? Use that healing power to wake him up", a familiar voice says, stirring me from sleep.

"Avalon isn't an alarm clock old man. Nothing is wrong with Shirou, we just have to wait", a voice replies, clearly irritated. Even without seeing the two I figure the "old man" must have said it to intentionally piss off the younger man.

Pushing past the odd desire I have to sleep, I force my eyes open and look around, noting that I appear to be in a classroom.

Archer is there, staring at me with irritated relief. He is talking to another man, a blonde, green-eyed man dressed in a pair of black jeans, white sneakers and a black tee shirt sporting a logo consisting of a silver S inside some kind of shield. I feel I've seen the logo before, but I can't place it with my head feeling so heavy.

Archer pulls me up. Normally I would fight him, or at least make a remark or such, but I'm still woozy.

The two take me to a room, where a bunch of people are gathered with Rin and another black haired girl in front of a white board. Looks like a meeting, I guess.

Who should we view the meeting with?

1) Shirou

2) Archer

3) Satoshi
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:29:23 AM by Alice »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
they die permanently.

I'm sure of whose death the public will approve, hue.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
It's Tamamo, lantz, not Tamano.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Well, is there actually a proper Romanisation of it? It's not always entirely clear.

Anyway, I'm interested in this. Since we have 6 characters to choose to support and I can only manage to think of 5 females I particularly care about even if I stretch it, does anyone want to exchange support, so I support their favourite in return for them supporting Sakura?

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Apparently BL is now the 'archive' of this thread.

I suspect the thread will get locked the moment Sakura or Satoshi are endangered.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
If Lantz didn't want Satoshi endangered then he wouldn't have designed the mechanics to allow it to happen. As for Sakura, I'm not going to lock someone's thread because the game mechanics take it in a direction I don't like. At most I would just stop getting involved.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
X, Lyco, if you are here to complain and not to join in the process, then I ask that you please leave.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
I will just vote, like at an anonquest.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Fine, I'll bite.

3) Satoshi
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Brahmastra

Re: Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour (interactive fiction, possible lemon)
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 02:47:44 AM »
2) EDGEMIYA

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 02:49:06 AM »
2) The Latino Spirit EMIYA

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 02:51:49 AM »
By the way, you guys are aware that you are meant to pick the characters you're supporting at the beginning, right? Supporting characters is an important part of the concept, and helps prevent them dying.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 02:54:31 AM »
I support every character but Satoshi, who I hope dies of herpes.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 02:57:25 AM »
Here we go again.