Author Topic: role playing ideas thread  (Read 32033 times)

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: role playing ideas thread
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 10:41:19 PM »
Okay I know I was the last one to post, but would anyone be interest in a Digimon themed RP? Just asking
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 07:10:50 PM »
Depends largely on the setting

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 06:42:56 AM »
Depends largely on the setting

Something along the lines of a several Digimon and their partners are brought to a new world where they must find a way home but also deal with enemies and each other. Methinks also coming up with a few OC Digimon as well
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
I think digimon has a big enough character list that you won't need to make up oc digimon.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 02:46:29 AM »
I think digimon has a big enough character list that you won't need to make up oc digimon.
True

Anyway I was thinking it would be something like a group of humans are transported to feral version of the digital world we all know of, one that had never encountered humans before and the world as a whole is more feudal society with different Lords reigning over different territories within the lands. Digimon Groups like the Royal Knights, The Demon Lords, and the Dark Masters for example would be rule over large territories divided into provinces, one province for each member.

Now the characters would have to not just survive in a feudal Digimon Society but each adventuring group start their adventure in a large groups territory, it could be any group of digimon but you'd need to choose whose territory. The territory also has a factor to play in who your partner is for example if you appear in say Machinedramon's territory, your partner will most likely be a dragon, virus or machine type digimon. This way the better the digital partner the more danger for the human companion and the less danger to the human partner the more common the partner digimon. A single human can have up to three digimon partners but the human must also be able to handle the amount of digimon partners, for better survival it is suggested that adventurers either group together or join a pre-existing digimon convoy.

As for a digivice-types, I have no idea.

My Other Locations

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 01:08:45 AM »
Okay this is an idea for an RP set in the marvel universe but the character's don't have to be from said universe to begin with.

The Avengers 1.1

The Idea behind this is, what Nick Fury sent out invitations to various other individuals, individuals who may or may not be seen as heroes by the public answer the call. This RP is sorta my idea to increase the size of the Avengers beginning roster, the RP would follow along the lines of the movie and then afterwards it would drag on into misadventures of the Avengers after the battle of New York [ei. Iron Man 3]. The new members of the Avengers can be OCs, Nasuverse characters, anime characters or whatever. The only exception being no DC characters, for obvious reasons of course.

My Other Locations

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 07:45:22 AM »
Three ideas come to mind.

1) Superhero game. Everyone has superpowers and is a hero, villain or anti hero.

2) murder mystery, like higurashi or such.

3) typical shonen style supers game, like Naruto, dbz, magical index, and so on. People have powers and stomp face with them.

These are, of course, just the basics of the ideas. Anyone interested?

I can also do a mecha game if anyone wants it.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 04:16:55 AM »
Rather than a shounen style RP, I'd much prefer if someone actually tried to make an RP in the vein of Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai with the overly cheesy and kinda cliched overblown scenarios and alter egos. Also, those fight scenes that manage to be both epic and ridiculous.

Slice of life optional. Having it like the show could be funny for the "mundane" scenes and lampshading of everything, but I'd be fine with just this ridiculous make it up as you go fantasy setting for equally questionable characters.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2014, 06:50:18 AM »
but I'd be fine with just this ridiculous make it up as you go fantasy setting for equally questionable characters.

This is Houshin Engi so, so much.

Maybe also Drakengard!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:51:43 AM by Soldat der Trauer »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »
I'm not sure of the series you speak of YOLF, however, I'll look into it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 04:04:12 AM »
Ok YOLF, I have looked into it. I'm not sure how such a concept would work, I mean, yes, I could see fights between PC's, or others being imagery in effect and I can come up with a system to deal with it. However I need an objective to base it around. That is where I'm lost.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »
Are you saying you don't expect anyone insane enough to go on board with the idea to make up their own convoluted and literary device abusive world-scale conflict stories and plots?

I am disappointed. You clearly do not understand the heart of the idea.

CHUUNIBYOU, SON.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:40:19 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
No, I'm saying, the game needs an overarching objective. In Evangelion it's stop third impact, in Chuthulu it's survive while clinging to sanity as you investigate. Superhero games are episodic with shifting goals. In Chuunibyou I'm not sure what the main objective is, is it give in to the crazy? Resist it and become normal? What exactly signals the success of the characters in this case?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »
Truly you do not understand, young one. Why is the sky blue? Why do the birds chirp? Why does Spring come?

Why do crazies do crazy talk and come up with crazy random, mystical sounding stuff to justify epic imaginary battles and awesome in mind clashes of will and destinies and superpowers and magic, all interlaced in fun and made up as you go along almost cliche scenarios with characters each even more unique, flamboyant, and awesome than the last, as things completely come together into chaos and panic and fuck yeah moments so strong we don't even care 'bout the issues, and maybe also a lead in to the character's actual thoughts and development and the exploration of the theme of imagination and living in a world much beyond what reality permits cause we like it, so long as one can balance it, or not?

THAT'S CHUUNIBYOU SON.

This has been YOLF's non-regularly scheduled pearls of wisdom for the day, thank you for listening.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2014, 12:41:57 AM »
it's the rp that never ends

that i play with all my friends

Basically, the end goal is whatever the hell the players make up at the time. It's like what kids do when playing, only done by teenagers or adults. .... But YOLF said it 1000% better. :3

...A GM that actually understands the concept might be more advisable, though... Or for most of those ideas even, one that doesn't tend to cause conflict...

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.