Author Topic: role playing ideas thread  (Read 32641 times)

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
Re: role playing ideas thread
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »
To be honest, both of you were getting riled up there, so if you want to continue that line of discussion, I want both to remain civil. Otherwise, just drop it. It would be for the best.

And, Brah, don't start arguing with lantz now either.

Now, back on topic, guys.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »
While we can debate about who was at fault originally endlessly I'll just say that we were both kind of embittered as this is a topic that seems to be close to both of us.
I was just trying to explain my view point but I assume I could be less condescending about it when I did.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Perhaps Kaiza but I've seriously been clear, I have an issue which causes my grammar to be unable to improve. I think I have the right to be somewhat annoyed when I'm continuously harassed about it.

as for RP ideas, I have a truck ton. People just need to actually say what they want and give my game a shot when I put it up. Simple as that.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2014, 08:49:20 PM »
OK, sure, but the right thing to do is to not keep dragging the argument either way. You need two people to argue.

So, let's stop bringing this up, and just continue with the ideas, guys.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2014, 10:43:31 PM »
Well I was trying to do that. Thing is, no joke, no arrogance. Table top is my thing, when I say 14 plus years I mean it. If I know a thing I can or otherwise have made a system to play it along with my group. Every series I can think of has a game ready.

all you guys have to do is suggest the series and join up when I make the thread. Seriously instead of presuming I fail at something no one has actually been involved in actually come play. Hell if the people complaining in Meido quest discussion actually played we'd be on the road to awesome already.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2014, 10:56:24 PM »
Professional systems are superior to homebrews, that's why I'm running chronicles/campaigns based on actual systems like World of Darkness or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »
It depends what you want. For pure RPing, yeah, they generally are, but on a forum like this people often want an RP in a given setting, or using characters they know (Cross Effects is an example of that). There's room for both, because they satisfy different needs.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2014, 11:31:01 PM »
Every official star wars is terrible, dbz the official one is terrible, anything set in lotr misses completely. And fourth edition D&D sucks out loud. So yeah, official isn't always the best way to go.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »
Lantz, there is fifth edition already, I think. 4th is old news. But generally, there are more good official RPs than homebrews, and most homebrews that are remotely decent are based on official mechanics of other RP lines.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:40:07 PM by Kat the Satan »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2014, 11:41:56 PM »
4e is far better than 3.5's ivory tower approach.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2014, 11:45:14 PM »
4e honestly isn't so bad, minus a few things that are easily changed via the gm.

As for 5e, from what I just looked up, the 5e starter set is coming out July, and the Player's Handbook coming out in August. It's already been playtested apparently anyway. So it's not out quite yet, but it's coming out soon.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2014, 11:57:16 PM »
The three of you missed my point. The point is not every official system is superior. On the 3.5 note, eh, it depends on how mechanically inclined a person is. It was mainly fixing 3.0 which was god-awful. Path finder is the final iteration of 3.5 and it's fairly good. Although personally I just prefer AD&D with 3.5's combat system.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2014, 08:54:08 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei. Who here wants to play a big ol' demon apocalypse game?I know the games backwards and forwards and think a game like this would match up pretty well with the ideals of player freedom.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
What would be the idea?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2014, 11:06:13 PM »
Well there's six staples to the smt series regardless of spin off.

1) conflict between the principles of law, chaos and those in-between (tagged as neutral)

2) the ascent of a large tower

3) conflict with god (known in this sense as YVYH or "yaw way" based on the Hebrew god of old testament and nine times out of ten the ultimate authority and thus the leader of the law faction)

4) Lucifer attempting to kill god and break the cycle and bring chaos

5) the contract or possession of (in the ownership sense) demons and demonic power

6) freedom of choice for the protagonists and heavy spiritual themes

I was thinking of several positions time wise but that's something for interested parties to work out.

the main three periods are before climatic events, during them (as the last hope) or post apocalypse.