Author Topic: Fate/Yet Another Grail War RPing Idea  (Read 28158 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Yet Another Grail War RPing Idea
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 03:30:37 AM »
I agree with randomizing which Master gets which Servant, but I don't know if I agree with randomizing what Servant we play. It's difficult to play someone else's character when we don't really know how to play them or who they really are. It'd limit us to playing canon Servants, which limits the pool a fair bit.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 03:31:00 AM »
@Yolf: Dude, you gotta let Ms. Alice know you are gonna be in this thing, else it won't show in the OP.

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 03:34:05 AM »
It's more for the...

Actually no, I found a fix for that. I was doing that more because it was an easy way to prevent someone from playing the same Master/Servant pair that they knew inside and out.

So yeah, now that we've got more than seven people, sure, I'll see if I can do that. I'd recommend doing one of every class though.
If I may raise a point. That you listen to it or dismiss it is purely up to you.

I've been in Roleplaying sessions before, and no one can Roleplay a character better than the one that thought them up. The one that has built the history, the emotional profile and past of a character is the one that can put themselves the best "inside the character's skin".

Randomly giving a profile to some other player, and hoping that they can familiarize themselves with said character that they'll RP, might not be the most productive thing.

While Servant/Master Pairs should be kept unknown for fun and increasing the experience of "oh, so I've just met that person... how are they like?" I think that when people apply for a certain character, it should be for that character only.

Then, I'm quite the person that deeply likes "putting myself in another's shoes". I can't do that efficiently if I have to write a profile for all seven Servants.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 03:35:50 AM »
The problem is I'm trying to keep the servant selection random - if you're a Lancer, and you state you're a Lancer, then that ruins some of the fun.

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39:28 AM »
You could easily disclose that the "Lancer" spot has been taken.
Do not give names.
We'll have to guess.
But seeing what a few people have done already, I guess it's a bit late - or we could just erase some of the information.
The "Signed up players" list is already written, then write:

"Number of Master Spots left: 0"
"Classes left for applying: Saber, Caster, Rider"

IMPORTANT: Do not say which class you're applying for, just note that you're interested in joining. PM Malgos for applications and verrification

If that works for you?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:40:20 AM by Ambiguous_Ayakashi »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39:42 AM »
Hmm... the better method then may be to randomize the class, but not the character. So the player can still choose their character, but the random element is still there.

EDIT: Though that method could work too. :) ...I wrote this post before the one above me. ^^"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:40:14 AM by Alice »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 03:40:50 AM »
Hmm... the better method then may be to randomize the class, but not the character. So the player can still choose their character, but the random element is still there.
This works far better. I'll put in a bunch of sheets as well. Hopefully we can start in the next week or so.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2014, 03:43:31 AM »
Uh, so yes, is there a Master spot left? Regardless I have completed Servant sheets to send that someone might get some use out of.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2014, 03:44:35 AM »
The problem would be that some Heroic Spirits can only fit certain Classes, unless you go about and do more history digging (more work for the GMs) to go justify how for example, a Lancer can end up being a Caster. Not all Heroic Spirits are versatile in terms of class selection.

Also, while we craft personal skills and Noble Phantasms, things would turn out pretty weird.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2014, 03:45:59 AM »
The problem would be that some Heroic Spirits can only fit certain Classes, unless you go about and do more history digging (more work for the GMs) to go justify how for example, a Lancer can end up being a Caster. Not all Heroic Spirits are versatile in terms of class selection.

Also, while we craft personal skills and Noble Phantasms, things would turn out pretty weird.
Then make a couple of Servants. It's a simple solution.

Uh, so yes, is there a Master spot left? Regardless I have completed Servant sheets to send that someone might get some use out of.
It's just Servants now, though a few of the masters will need to double up.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:48 AM »
@Mags: By doubling up, you mean double Master arrangement like the 3rd-War Edelfedts, or canon 4th-War's team Lancer? B/c I'd be totally down working w/ someone like that.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:47 AM »
@Mags: By doubling up, you mean double Master arrangement like the 3rd-War Edelfedts, or canon 4th-War's team Lancer? B/c I'd be totally down working w/ someone like that.
No, I mean them playing a Servant and a Master. Just not the servant the Master has.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2014, 04:06:45 AM »
Welcome to the RP YOLF! :3 In the OP you go too.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2014, 04:23:09 AM »
No, I mean them playing a Servant and a Master. Just not the servant the Master has.

...Is it still possible to try pleading w/ you for this anyway?

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2014, 05:26:13 AM »
Actually, did the Process of the Grail Getting Corrupted like in the "Canon" 3rd Heaven's Feel happen? Or was there no Avenger Fiasco?
I'm asking about that because if Avenger hasn't corrupted the Grail, then we cannot have the likes of Medea or Medusa (Anti-Heroes and the like).