Author Topic: Lords of fate signup and discussion  (Read 1912 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Lords of fate signup and discussion
« on: January 27, 2014, 12:21:48 AM »
Lords of fate: a tale of blood and hope in the hot midday sun

On a continent surrounded by islands away from the reach of ordinary men a battle has begun for control of the world. One kingdom now three have summoned from beyond time and space heroes to aid their goals. The Lion, the Lily or the Dragon, which will you support?

The Rules

1) I am the Game Master, what this means is I am the ultimate authority for the game. My rulings are law. To this end if you have issues with other players either in game or the discussion thread then you bring to me and if I am unable to get it resolved then I take it to the mods myself. Going over my head will result in you being booted from the game for defying the trust required for the game.

2) No godmoding, characters aren’t perfect

3) Characters can die, if you do don’t take it hard it’s a game and we’ll figure out something for you to if you would like to continue playing with the rest.

4) Keep your in character knowledge away from your out of character knowledge. You will be penalized I catch you using things you shouldn’t know in character

How it’ll work

The game will be done with a posting order (with me at the top) Players play a single character (either forum member or canon character) any canon characters not played by players will be incidental and only appear should they be sought out (except the Sabers) forum members are themselves with all their knowledge

Battle

Players state their intent and I role opposing twenty sided die and then post the result of the actions based on the result of the die.

Here’s the table

1= fumble, a fumble is something bad that will happen. This can be anything from dropping a weapon, tripping or having a spell fizzle

2-9= miss/fail. Your action misses it’s intended target or otherwise fails. It’s not a bad result simply not ideal

10-14= hit/success. The barest margin of success, you succeed at your intent be it attack or otherwise.

15-19=Solid hit/good success. As with 10-14 except the result is simply better

20=perfect strike /perfect success. The attack/task is performed exactly as intended and has a further chance at a critical success or failure

A critical success is achieved by rolling 15 or higher after rolling a 20 a critcal success improves a result by twice the intended result.

A critical failure is achieved by rolling a 1 after rolling a 20. It is a spectacular failure ruining a task completely or harming the character who failed

Instant kill/ultimate success. This is achieved by rolling a 20 then another 20 and then a successive 15. As the name implies it’s the best possible outcome for any action.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of fate signup and discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:49:34 AM »
Hmm, I remember this from BL.

Well, I'm interested. You could do with some more information, though, to attract other players.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
While I do agree with that the question then becomes what exactly should I add. Any thoughts?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:42:25 AM »
This was along time ago but now I'm curious, was this the RP from BL that mike summoned himself in his car? Because that was pretty funny.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »
I'm not interested myself, but I suggest adding an intro with more comprehensive and detailed information about the setting. Pertinent things to mention are the reasons for this war, some background beyond that, how the characters have been summoned, and who exactly each of the three factions are(what is their story, what do they stand for, where are they based and how do they work, what are their objectives, etc).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:15:28 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »
@Milbunk

yes, yes it was.

@YOLF

nice suggestion, look at the time stamps, you're a bit too late.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 12:15:23 AM »
Only noticed the one on Milbunk. Suffice to say this went nowhere then.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts