Board Issues > Suggestions

The Themes Thread (feedback, improvements to be made, etc.)

(1/4) > >>

Alice:
You may notice that we have several themes for you to choose from. While development will likely be focused on our current default (Dark Side), we're willing to take feedback and advice on the themes we have to choose from, including which ones should just be eliminated altogether.

To change your theme, simply use the theme switcher at the bottom of the page.

Or, to do it the hard way, in the bar of options presented to you, hover over "Profile," and go into account settings. On the screen that appears next, hover over "modify profile" and go into "look and layout." In the top row is a link to change your theme setting. Once you hit "change," you'll be taken to the theme selection screen. You can select a theme from there.

So far our most usable themes are these:

* Dark Side (current default)
* Dark Side: Binary Sea
* Unlimited Blade Works
* Red It Random
* curve-mobile (the mobile theme. I think it's kind of bright right now, but I'll leave that for your guys to judge. According to the description, it should appear by default on mobile devices or similar. If not, you can easily switch to it using the theme switcher at the bottom of the page.There are others, but either I feel there's still some changes to be made or am thinking about removing those themes. I also didn't mention the Curve or Core themes, as they are SMF defaults (and are also kinda ugly).

Since I'm the person in charge of all things theme related, it's probably best to ask me for the most part to institute any changes. I'll try to get them changed ASAP. Note that my coding ability is somewhat limited, so while I can make minor changes to code with little problems, anything that's more advanced will likely become Cherry Lover's domain, but I will do what I can. So then, fire away!

Alice:
Bumping this, since I'm personally starting to wonder a bit...

Arch-Magos Winter:
Please, please please change the default theme from red on purple. It looks horrid, burns my eyes, and compared to BL's looks like we're trying far too hard.

The Man With All The Cute Boats:
Like a snowstorm while on ecstasy.

Arch-Magos Winter:

--- Quote from: NamesAreHardToComeUpWith on December 11, 2013, 01:07:30 AM ---Like a snowstorm while on ecstasy.

--- End quote ---
Like a snowstorm on Ecstasy while you're being mauled by a bear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version