Author Topic: Type Moon Ace 9  (Read 3626 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Type Moon Ace 9
« on: January 13, 2014, 08:51:35 PM »
Type Moon is running another set of questions, and though it expires on the 14th meaning there is not much time left I figured you guys might be interested in it anyway.

Link to it here: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23typemoonace9&src=hash&f=realtime

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Type Moon Ace 9
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:59:38 PM »
Hmm, interesting.

Well, personally I'd like to know what happens to Sakura post-Fate and UBW, although I very much doubt they'd answer that....

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
Zouken is still around for 10 years after Fate and UBW, so nothing really changes in her life.

Still worm pit sessions and Zouken preparing that way for next HGW, but the difference is that in one route we have Shinji and in the other we don't have him thanks to Ilya.

Zouken croaks during the war for dismantling of HGW, I suppose.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »
Well, even Zouken surviving that long is not certain. But, even if he does, it still does leave the question of Sakura's fate. Zouken might well die in the war to dismantle the Grail, but that doesn't automatically imply Sakura is saved. His soul is in a worm in her heart, after all....

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
The important question is whether with Grail dismantled he will still strive for immortality.

Becoming Dead Apostle seemed to be more prudent decision in hindsight.

Heh, DA!Zouken maybe would still look like his bishie young self. But that's too late for him, I guess.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
Honestly, I can't imagine him surviving the dismantling in the first place. The Grail is too important to him for him to just sit out the war surrounding it, and if he gets involved I can't see a situation where that doesn't result in Shirou or Rin killing him, regardless of Sakura's fate.

If he did somehow survive it, though, I think he might well just give up. The only reason he's still alive is because he wants the Grail to gain immortality, if the Grail is gone there isn't much for him to live for.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
So he simply dies like that?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 07:30:10 PM »
No idea.

He does need to put actual effort into surviving, though, and, judging by what happens to him at the end of HF, it seems like his will to live has a large part in his survival.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
Araya for some reason lived as long as him at least, yet he was not a rotting old man. Either a difference in skill, the Awakened Origin or something entirely has to something to do with that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »
I would assume it's a difference in methodology and intent. Zouken's talents lie in doing spells where the effects return to him (Sakura says she can't use curses because they would rebound on her due to the nature of the Matou magecraft) and which drain people, so it makes sense that his method of staying alive would be to live off other people's life force.

Unfortunately (for him), though, doing so causes the soul to rot, because it loses the connection to the original body. Essentially, Zouken's soul keeps having to over-write new bodies with the "blueprints" of his original one, and over time those blueprints become corrupted and the body decays faster and faster. Other magi can seemingly live a lot longer without that issue because they don't survive by stealing bodies from others. I think it's pretty rare to have a magus that lives as long as Zouken, though.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 01:01:21 AM »
Zouken manage to survive without any change to his body for 300, and then, suddenly rotting.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 01:02:53 AM »
I thought he was older than that?

Like, already 200 when he met the einzbros or something

M'I remembering wrong?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 01:05:56 AM »
Zouken manage to survive without any change to his body for 300, and then, suddenly rotting.

Well, yeah, I think that's pretty normal for a magus. I would assume he was already quite old by that point, though. He probably reached the point where he couldn't survive any longer by normal age-extending tricks that magi use.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 01:12:31 AM »
Like, already 200 when he met the einzbros or something

He was 300 when he met them. He was 500 years old in HF.