Board Issues > Suggestions

(1/3) > >>

Arch-Magos Winter:
Personally, I find that this feature is probably losing us new users, as it immediately brings them in to look at any argument we may be having. I suggest adopting a BL style 'Go to unread posts' button next to the thread title.

Cherry Lover:
Yeah, honestly, I've been a bit worried about the way it displays the posts, because it makes people inclined not to notice anything other than the last ten posts, and when the last ten posts are all in one thread that's not good.

We do actually have a "go to unread posts" thing (if a thread has unread posts it displays a "new" icon next to it) and we also do have a "show unread posts since last visit" thing at the top (which is genuinely necessary). I do find the thing at the bottom convinient, but I am inclined to agree that it makes people likely to focus on those posts to the exclusion of others.

Alice:
I can try finding a different Activity Page mod I guess. If I succeed, then we can just disable the old one. Wish me luck.

Cherry Lover:
Well, I think we should be able to turn that bit off anyway.

I definitely see Magos' point, it does draw people towards the most recent posts.

Alice:
And fixed- not only did I find a mod that enables access to recent posts, but I also turned off the old one. So problem solved~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version