Author Topic: Let's Play Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (this time with video content)  (Read 1850 times)

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
I may as well do this, seeing as GabriellioSP is nowhere to be found here, and he was doing a picture-based Let's Play. Anyway... from the beginning.

What is Shin Megami Tensei: Persona? Shin Megami Tensei: Persona is the name of a video game, the first in the Persona series, and is the father of the franchise. The grandfather, on the other hand, is Shin Megami Tensei: if... (or so KAIZA and I have discussed about the timeline of Persona). Shin Megami Tensei: if... is speculated to have been succeeded in the timeline by the first two Devil Summoner games (the ones not released outside of Japan).

As far as continuity story goes, SMT: if... was about a school being dragged down to Hell (which, in SMT world, actually exists), and the protagonists having to fight their way out and defeat the mastermind behind it (who happens to be a fellow student). It averts things in the first two mainline SMT games, and manages to keep things from going into crapsack territory real fast, until the events of the Persona series at least.

Will we have to listen to your crappy voice for this Let's Play? Is my voice really that bad? If so, I'll refrain from speaking during my playtime of this game after the first video, honestly.

Where's the first video? Ah, right here, hang on.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona LP (01 of ??)

Well... enjoy?

EDIT: First video got replaced for something that would actually stay on YouTube (for the most part). Thoughts on the video?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:41:52 AM by Xamusel »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (this time with video content)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »
Hmm, well, I think comments are generally OK, I suspect it would get somewhat boring otherwise. You should try to avoid talking when someone is talking in-game, though and, also, your microphone is too loud relative to the game itself. I also think you could do with editing the video a bit, to cut out stuff like you spending several minutes entering your name (including some mistakes).

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 04:05:27 AM »
You sound unsure of yourself in the recording and watching LPs a lot I can recognize sound balancing issues.  Draft topics to talk about, it helps you sound sure of yourself when speaking. Also in regards to your voice, it's not that bad but do only say your name once when introducing the video.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:46:12 AM »
Bumping the topic to ensure you guys take a look at the new video that I uploaded to YouTube for this purpose. Hopefully I fixed the issues I was told to fix for this purpose (and I hopefully learn not to use my headset microphone for this sort of thing in the future).