Author Topic: Dark Side of the Moon: welcome to the dungeon crawl  (Read 8081 times)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Side of the Moon: welcome to the dungeon crawl
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
as I have had serious issues with him regarding this subject matter all players are welcome to join EXCEPT Arch.

You're ridiculous.

I really don't give a damn about your relationship with Arch.

But this? It's straight bullcrap. A game master refusing a player for previous conflict is stupid. How old are you? Twelve? The main reason why most of what he says to you fly over your head is because you never actually read him. All you do is focus on the way its formulated rather than the content, which is often decent stuff.

You have everything to gain from letting your grudge behind and start acting like an adult. Also, you have no right to say him to go. You're not owning the forums, nor would there be a justification to silence him anyway.

Even I, as a third party, am getting annoyed with your behavior. It's time to fucking move on with this shit.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:55:51 PM by Daiki »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »
*Starts a slow clap for Daiki*

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 10:01:42 PM »
I shouldn't have to type this, really. The overall negativity is rubbing me the wrong way.

Don't go "oh, let's create a RP with the intent to be an arse to someone else because we disagreed on stuff." Create RPs to have fun.

How hard is that, seriously?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 10:13:05 PM »
as I have had serious issues with him regarding this subject matter all players are welcome to join EXCEPT Arch.

You're ridiculous.

I really don't give a damn about your relationship with Arch.

But this? It's straight bullcrap. A game master refusing a player for previous conflict is stupid. How old are you? Twelve? The main reason why most of what he says to you fly over your head is because you never actually read him. All you do is focus on the way its formulated rather than the content, which is often decent stuff.

You have everything to gain from letting your grudge behind and start acting like an adult. Also, you have no right to say him to go. You're not owning the forums, nor would there be a justification to silence him anyway.

Even I, as a third party, am getting annoyed with your behavior. It's time to fucking move on with this shit.

Arch and Lantz do not get on, at all. I don't think it's reasonable to expect Lantz to involve him in his RP when Lantz cannot work with him.

And. Lantz did not make the RP to be an arse to Magos. He made the RP because he wanted to play an RP. He just does not feel he can run an RP with Magos in it.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 10:15:26 PM »
Daiki previous conduct is exactly why a GM prohibits players from joining. This choice was made by evaluating his behavior and the purpose of the game. I'm well within my right to do so  and I was clear I did not want him involved in this game and asked three time for him to leave. Each time he refused to do so.

the purpose of this game is an entry level game. Not to intentionally exclude people.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
Magos has the right to state his opinion so long as it is civil and his intention is not to purposely aggravate. He has fulfilled both of these conditions here. Whether you let him in the game or not is your choice (I will keep silent on my opinion on that matter at this time), but unless he is violating the rules, he has the right to speak. You cannot control what people can or cannot say. Plus it is the administration and mod team's duty to decide on what is inappropriate or not and put a stop to it, not any one user.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »
Ignoring the unrelated stuff. Late Saturday or Sunday I'll have the classes posted as well as the races.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »
Arch and Lantz do not get on, at all.

They don't get along. So what?

Are we in kindergarten where we can't discuss things out in order to participate in entertainment sessions? Let alone, ignoring personal resentment towards another, no.

It's better to give the middle finger because of unrelated stuff.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect Lantz to involve him in his RP when Lantz cannot work with him.

Yes, it's unreasonable to expect Lantz to show some maturity. I'm sure that's for the better. 

"Can't work" is your assumption. They could, if both were listening to what the other had to say.

And. Lantz did not make the RP to be an arse to Magos.

Yes, he did. The quote I used is perfectly clear.

The thing is open for everyone, BUT(capital letters are further emphasizing this) Arch.

Pointless and childish provocation that shouldn't be accepted. Then, it's followed by what is basically "you just shut up, you're not bringing any valuable insight in this." (Which is proven wrong by following posts from Arch)

He made the RP because he wanted to play an RP. He just does not feel he can run an RP with Magos in it.

He doesn't feel like it because he doesn't want to listen. It's better to close yourself in your own world, away from people offering things that could contribute to you, after all.

Daiki previous conduct is exactly why a GM prohibits players from joining.

Again, that's a pile of bs. I play forum RPs since I'm eleven, and in three different languages. Never ever did I see someone excluding another because they don't get along. You're using personal bias to sort of punish him here and not only is it not fair for him, but you're also doing a disservice to your other players given the guy obviously knows what he's talking about. You could actually work things out together if you weren't that stubborn and defensive.

This choice was made by evaluating his behavior and the purpose of the game.

His behavior before joining said RP is unrelated. Judge him when you start playing all you want. But straight NO YOU CAN'T ENTER BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE YOU, doesn't cut it.

I'm well within my right to do so

No you're not. You're placing yourself in a convenient position of power in order to shun him. That's being an arse to another. I sure as hell don't condone this.

and I was clear I did not want him involved in this game and asked three time for him to leave.

First, stop acting like a pretentious prick. You don't get to say others to go. He came in the thread and pointed out how some elements/rules you choose to ignore/accept weren't exactly fair to another class. Which is actually him giving you advices. But again, not bothering to read the content, you told him to fuck off.

And he didn't post aggressively this time. The problem doesn't reside in the guy. Even when he comes naturally to you, your answer is shut up and go away.

"If you actually listened to him, it could improve the overall experience for everyone." I'm sure you never even bothered with the thought, but it's still there.

Each time he refused to do so.

Because he had no reason to do so.

You're the one who called him out in your OP to begin with. Do you think that's how you should behave with people you judge annoying?

What's so surprising with him showing up afterwards?

Heck, would that be me, I would have insulted you for mentioning me in public when you had no reason to do so.

If you simply didn't want to be provocative, you would have waited him to post and told him, "yeah, I won't accept your character". (Or tell him via private messages)
That's how civilized people act towards each other. At least, that should be the standard.

the purpose of this game is an entry level game. Not to intentionally exclude people.

Then prove it by accepting the guy in.

And listen to people more, it's always good to get insight. Increases overall experience for everyone.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 12:05:35 AM »
I'm well versed in the subject matter as well. I do not need or want his input on my methods.

you are free not to join Daiki but I'm not going to respond to the rest of your comments which frankly border on insulting.

I've made my choice regarding Arch and his participation. As the game master I have that right. Also seriously no more in the thread, take it to PM.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »
I'm well versed in the subject matter as well. I do not need or want his input on my methods.

you are free not to join Daiki but I'm not going to respond to the rest of your comments which frankly border on insulting.

I've made my choice regarding Arch and his participation. As the game master I have that right. Also seriously no more in the thread, take it to PM.
>Well versed in the subject matter
>Bans paladins and halflings for no real mechanical reason

Also, Daiki made a fuckload of valid reasonable points, and you just chose to ignore them. He wasn't insulting you either, unless that victim complex you seem to have is saying that.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 12:27:55 AM »
lantz... you have no right to order anyone around like that. None. You are not an administrator, you are not a moderator, and quite frankly, right now you are being a dick. Daiki is being perfectly reasonable and polite here, it is you who is being a jerk.

If it was up to me alone, you would be receiving a warning right now. As it is, until deliberation on that matter is complete, watch it.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 01:10:22 AM »
Dude, if I ever wanted to insult you, I would do it without needing to multi quotes. But that's not what matters here.

What matters, is simply making the fair choice, not the one convenient to you. Just look at it objectively, man.

All I'm saying. This is my last post here, anyway.

Hope you guys can sort this out somehow and have a good time.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 01:45:32 AM »
Tabletop games are for the game master as well Daiki. It's not fair to force me to have no fun just to satisfy your definition of fair Daiki. Given the purpose of the game I'm  inclined not to change my mind because I don't think GMing should be like pulling teeth.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 01:50:31 AM »
Given your attitude through this whole affair lantz, it's going to drive people away. It's already driven away several. It's not fair to Magos either, and quite frankly, with the self serving attitude you've been taking through all this, I doubt anyone will want to join. I know I certainly won't be.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »
I don't get the impression that Magos even wants to play, frankly, so I don't really see the problem. I also note that Magos himself has not once complained about Lantz saying he wasn't allowed to join....

And, I think Lantz is entitled to enjoy GMing. If he feels he cannot enjoy it with Magos playing then I think he can legitimately say he'd rather him not play. If Magos really has an issue with that then perhaps it is worth discussing, but as far as I can see he couldn't care less, so why are we even arguing about it?