Author Topic: Dark Side of the Moon: welcome to the dungeon crawl  (Read 8015 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Side of the Moon: welcome to the dungeon crawl
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »
And he isn't which is to your immense detriment. Remember Mike, that WoD game is always an option if you want something solid.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
It isn't really, because I don't think we're going to find a time that suits everyone if I'm playing. Certainly there's no way both me and Elf can play, based on how often she comes on Skype when I do.

With this I think Lantz intends to do it on the forum, so timing isn't an issue.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
It isn't really, because I don't think we're going to find a time that suits everyone if I'm playing. Certainly there's no way both me and Elf can play, based on how often she comes on Skype when I do.

With this I think Lantz intends to do it on the forum, so timing isn't an issue.
Good point. I do have a british player in another game I'm running, but that's probably not a situation we can repeat for you.

Anyway, just warning you getting anything done will take forever in play by post format.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »
1) Arch this is the third time I have have asked you to leave, I made it clear you're not to be involved in this game.  Your input is not welcome here nor are your attempts to discredit me. In short stop posting and go elsewhere.

2) Alice the original dungeons and dragons was not called 1st edition until reprinted after the release of Advanced dungeons and dragons. This game is technically D&D however given the fact that there's some very obvious awareness's  commonly known to people  I am modifying the class lists and so on to better suit the current state. In example the original  D&D Elf was a class rather than a race but all under the idea of races in rpgs from years of videogames and fantasy movies so using  an old mechanic like that is pointless.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »
Which is why recalling the glory days of 1e is a bad thing. Advanced D&D is probably what you'd want to base your shit off of.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »

Good point. I do have a british player in another game I'm running, but that's probably not a situation we can repeat for you.

Yeah, if I didn't have a job starting soon I could probably make it, but not now that I do. I can't stay up as late as I used to once I start work, at least during the week. And weekends I'm often away.

Anyway, just warning you getting anything done will take forever in play by post format.

Yeah, that might be true, but I don't see much of an alternative if I'm going to play.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »
It will be play by post. Also I'll ask discussion to stop until I can get someone to deal with the issue at hand. So no more posting until after that please.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »
It will be play by post. Also I'll ask discussion to stop until I can get someone to deal with the issue at hand. So no more posting until after that please.
What issue?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »
Moving on, the game will largely be dungeon crawling. Exploring caves, castles and the like for treasure. While many locations and plots exist in D&D I find that somewhere in an adventure you'll be in a cave or labyrinth exploring no matter what the setting. So basing the adventures scenic and important spots to be found or explored this way is logical.

character death is honestly very likely as characters will just be starting out.

as the  game is intended to be beginner friendly  I'm using the rule in rolling stats which is roll four six sided dice, reroll ones and drop the lowest resulting dice and add the remaining three when determining ability scores.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »
Do you have an actual ruleset decided yet? For character design etc. I mean.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
Which aspect of character design?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 07:11:32 PM »
Well, in general, but particularly the stuff like alignments, skills, classes etc.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
Yes, I do, it's a modified version of the "1st edition D&D" with elements from the second. And contrary to Alice's assertion D&D has a page about how the creators endorse  the adjustment of rules to fit the game's need.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:55 PM »
Yes, I do, it's a modified version of the "1st edition D&D" with elements from the second.

Ah, OK.

Well, do you have the rules anywhere so we can look at them?

And contrary to Alice's assertion D&D has a page about how the creators endorse  the adjustment of rules to fit the game's need.

Actually, I think you're misunderstanding her there, based on what she's said to me over Skype.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »
Yeah, pretty much- what I was saying is that you need a base edition to make it D&D, not that you can't modify the rules at all. Honestly, just saying, "it's based around 1e with some stuff from 2e" to begin with would have been fine, it's just that's not what I understood from what you said.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.