Author Topic: the OC corner  (Read 28078 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: the OC corner
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 12:12:44 AM »
Fair enough names although after this incident I think I won't be continuing to use the thread.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »
Lack of evidence also disproves as much as it proves something. Just saying. Burden of proof is also on Lantz because he's the one who's claiming something first.

Also, the main problem is I can't see anyone approving of Lantz's stories direction without ripping it to shreds like I've done. Someone always needs to play devils advocate.

EDIT: And this behavior of lantz's here entirely justifies my point. He isn't willing to listen or accept criticism or dissent of any type.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:15:58 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 12:17:12 AM »
Like Names said, let's move on. I'll bring it back to the direction I was trying to get it in earlier:
As for moving the subject to something else, since I'm actually a bit tuckered out, I'll actually take questions on my aforementioned OCs for now in place of an infodump. :) It's a bit more informal than a big infodump from me anyway, plus I get to see if I'm actually making them interesting enough to warrant asking about or not.
...That possibly seems a bit attention-whorey of me, so other people can do the same with their OCs as well. ^_^"

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »
Lack of evidence also disproves as much as it proves something. Just saying. Burden of proof is also on Lantz because he's the one who's claiming something first.

Also, the main problem is I can't see anyone approving of Lantz's stories direction without ripping it to shreds like I've done. Someone always needs to play devils advocate.

EDIT: And this behavior of lantz's here entirely justifies my point. He isn't willing to listen or accept criticism or dissent of any type.
In case it wasn't clear in the earlier post, which I'd understand why, the call to drop this all was a Moderator action. Capital M.

We're done talking about this. No one past this point even brings it up. We were skirting the personal earlier on, and we're not going back there.

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »
This is an in-universe writeup for one of my own OCs, intended to provide a snapshot of this character just prior to the bulk of events I've written him into so far. (The author of the report is another OC, as is another key person named therein.)

-----

A chara,

On the day I write this, the subject of this summary, Seonac O'Conaill, will have reached his eighteenth birthday. While it may seem to be a defining event when living through it, I hope that one day he may look back on this snapshot at some later date, and reflect positively on how far he will have come since then.

Seonac was born in the Rotunda Hospital on the 14th of September 1987, to Niall and Sadhbh O'Conaill. Unbeknownst to his parents, who were not part of a magus lineage, Seonac possessed latent thaumaturgic potential; yet this untapped seam lay almost completely dormant at first. Though I have no direct evidence to verify this, I tend to believe that the first stumbling embers of his potential began to flicker in and out of his subconscious from as young as 14, his first true awakening was to take place upon his sixteenth birthday.

In Seonac's case, by far the most prominent, and thus far defining, aspect of this process saw him manifest a relatively rare phenomenon; telepathy. This gift, or curse depending on one's viewpoint, is relatively little understood compared to more traditional forms of thaumaturgy; at least, in the manner it seems to have emerged in Seonac's mind. Unfortunately, with no forewarning or experience in dealing with such matters in his own family, or among those who first attempted to diagnose his condition in the wake of this traumatic event, Seonac found it difficult to adjust to a cacophany of voices which may or may not have been real.

Eventually, his file first found itself upon my desk, at which point I soon discovered his more-than-mundane nature. I was able to contact another magus-telepath based over in London (the Nova Scotian Michael Mackenzie, who was working alongside Lord El-Melloi II at the time) and together make "first contact" of sorts with Seonac. Fortunately, the young magus decided to take up the mantle of responsibility unwittingly placed upon him, which was, technically speaking, no less than the onset of a brand new sorcerous lineage.

However, while Mr. Mackenzie's mental training was able to help Seonac gain a greater sense of control over the filter he could place around his mind, one substantial mystery soon presented itself. In terms of raw numbers, Seonac's latent sorcerous potential and prana reserves are substantial; indeed, his innate alignments approach Average One levels of diversity. Despite this, his reservoir of prana remains untapped; he has so far been unable to cast even introductory low-level spells, to say nothing of the kind of sorcerous manifestations which magi of his age from a more established family could accomplish with even half of his raw potential. (His mental abilities seem to lie apart from this source, though how this is so remains unclear.) As an interim measure, I have provided him with a limited number of wards and amulets I fashioned using my own Atlas heritage; not least one designed to hide his true potential from would-be predators. Even so, I fear that unless some means of allowing him access to his built-in font of abilities is found, he may risk becoming dangerously exposed at a critical moment.

On a personal level, Seonac's character is defined in part by his living with Asperger Syndrome (which I was able to diagnose personally); though not by as much as he might tend to believe at times. On the one hand, the "folk physics" aspect of his mind is very sharp, when operating under ideal conditions; he is an excellent student of history, can pick up new concepts quickly (at least on a theoretical level) and possesses a knack for lateral thinking at his best. On the other hand, his "folk psychology" aspect can be more problematic; he can be uncomfortable gauging body language (not least eye contact), can be prone to using a hundred words to describe a concept when only twenty will do, and can have trouble dealing with less... rational aspects of human nature. Still, while there will be a shade of this dichotomy with him for the remainder of his life, I am confident that as he matures and develops into the kind of man I believe he can become, he will master the means by which he can make the most of his gifts, learn to tackle the issues he is able to do something about, and to accept those he can't as part of the checks and balances of life itself.

Is mise,

Bláthnaid Ní hAodha, Baile Átha Cliath, 14 Meán Fómhair 2005.

-----

Seonac is an Irish version of Jonathan, in case you were wondering.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:58:56 PM by Nerroth »

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »
Er, quick question, but does this specifically have to be Nasu-related?

Or is there another OC thread for non-Nasu stuff?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »
This thread is for nasuverse related ocs xam

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »
Alright, thanks, Lantz. Just wanted to check that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 09:35:31 PM »
That probably does make sense, yeah, since it's in the TM section....

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 02:08:57 AM »
I have a couple other OC's for the Nasuverse in the works, though I will probably need help in evening a few of them out.

For example one character I call Red is an Immortal Being that cannot age but can be killed, only to regenerate sometime later and the speed of the regeneration is relevant to the amount of damage his body sustains. Red knows a great deal of magecraft and runes but his luck is very low which results in many of his casting to either fail outright or mess up entirely, the only redeeming feature I had in mind for Red was his magical capability. My intention is for Red to possess enough Prana producing circuits to be referred to as the Living Ley Line, Red is meant to be a powerhouse with a less than average amount of control and a reserve of magical power great enough to make almost any servant nearly invincible. Red however is supposed to be simple minded and pure of heart, the type of person who'd help anyone out of the kindness of his heart but have the morals to know right form wrong.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 02:08:23 AM »
Neat mord

also I've updated Satoshi

also mike you should post your guys

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 02:16:50 AM »
Yeah, I should. I'm trying to work out what to say about them, and to find the time to do it....

Satoshi would later be the test subject for the later named Rider Arm, a belt device created by Rin Tohsaka as a reverse engineering of Zelretch's kaldo Ruby. The prototype attuned to the user (Satoshi) and drew his soul rather than just energy to him from the other worlds. This means that as the later dubbed Rider Crimson is Satoshi fighting at 1500 Times his final power (this assumes Ruby Causes a girl to assume 1000 times their normal ability) this also gave Rin false data on the project leading to a side project later on.

Eh, what do you mean by this? I don't recall Ruby increasing the wielder's power, as such, it just allows them to use powers of their alternate selves.

Satoshi for years expressed a hatred of animals caused by the lost of a familiar created by Medea at Saber's request. This familiar was Satoshi's first friend, a stuffed lion named Gao who could grow as big as a van and appear as a real lion with all the ferocity of the real thing.  The pair were reunited sometime after Satoshi's revival after his first death.

Lol, I see. And, how did this familiar get killed?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 05:19:08 AM »
It draws energy from other worlds to change the users form. It increases their power from the change. The factor is an estimate based on Rin normally versus with ruby.

hit by a car saving Satoshi, there's more to it but I'll explain in later.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 05:34:45 AM »
>With all the ferocity of the real thing

Well, I can see why he hates animals then considering his stuffed lion would always try to eat him... I don't think it was trying to save him Lantz...

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 05:40:30 AM »
No arch, just no