Author Topic: the OC corner  (Read 28129 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: the OC corner
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »
I have a couple other OC's for the Nasuverse in the works, though I will probably need help in evening a few of them out.

For example one character I call Red is an Immortal Being that cannot age but can be killed, only to regenerate sometime later and the speed of the regeneration is relevant to the amount of damage his body sustains. Red knows a great deal of magecraft and runes but his luck is very low which results in many of his casting to either fail outright or mess up entirely, the only redeeming feature I had in mind for Red was his magical capability. My intention is for Red to possess enough Prana producing circuits to be referred to as the Living Ley Line, Red is meant to be a powerhouse with a less than average amount of control and a reserve of magical power great enough to make almost any servant nearly invincible. Red however is supposed to be simple minded and pure of heart, the type of person who'd help anyone out of the kindness of his heart but have the morals to know right form wrong.

Hmm, I missed this before....

He sounds potentially interesting, but also possibly a bit powerful. It depends somewhat on the context he is used in, though.

This is an in-universe writeup for one of my own OCs, intended to provide a snapshot of this character just prior to the bulk of events I've written him into so far. (The author of the report is another OC, as is another key person named therein.)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Seonac's character is an interesting set-up, although I do think it was a little convenient that he just happens to have exactly the right powers to be able to help Sakura. Not that I'm really complaining about that, mind, it is necessary to have some way of resolving her situation.

It's interesting to see someone from a new magus lineage show up at the clock tower, especially someone without much in the way of the social or political skills which I would imagine you need there. I do actually have an OC who fits a similar role for one of my stories (meets up with Saber and Rin in the Clock Tower, then ends up falling for and saving Sakura), who I'll have to post more details on at some point.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:24:13 PM by Cherry Lover »

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
If it were possible, I'd ask that any story-related points be put into spoiler tags, in case anyone is minded to read my (or anyone else's) fics without being given away beforehand. Not that I'm expecting anyone to do so on my account...

I mean, stuff that happens in the course of the stories, and isn't already covered in the writeup posted in this thread already.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:58:28 PM by Nerroth »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »
Oh, OK, sure, I've edited it.

Honestly, I assumed that the stuff I said would be pretty obvious, but I'm happy to spoiler-tag it.

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2013, 01:52:54 AM »
Thank you.

Also, this is a different OC; one I originally created for a role-play forum, but re-tooled for use in my crossover fic:

-----

H'trorren (Earth name: Étienne Seonac de Champlain)

Faction:
Autobot
 Sub-Faction: Pretender
 Motto: “On on n’oublions jamais.”

Details:
Possesses a human-form Pretender shell (as seen in Masterforce). Like other such Pretenders, he is capable of forming a 'battle mode' around his human shell in combat, and can revert to his original Cybertronic form, and back, at will.

Cybertronian alt mode is an aerospace fighter craft. (This looks like Titanium Jetfire, only with green instead of red - biomech form has a retractable faceplate, shown extended on the figure, which when retracted shows a more human-like face with a nose, mouth, a pair of 'eye' optics, and whatnot. Oh, and without the landing-gear 'wardrobe malfuction' of the actual figure...)

Wrist-mounted modules may be detached and combined with backpack to form a smaller jet craft - which may be piloted remotely, flown manually by another person, or by Étienne himself in Pretender form (should he choose not to re-integrate the modules before demolecularisation).

While the remaining chassis could, technically, assume an alt mode by itself... Étienne tries not to use that option overly much.

Is armed with an energo-sword and assault rifle in biomech form, and a smaller version of each in his armed Pretender form.

Strength: 07
 Intelligence: 09
 Speed: 09
 Endurance: 07
 Courage: 08
 Firepower: 08
 Skill: 09

Bio:

If anyone asked him now about who and what he was, Étienne Seonac de Champlain would give his Earth name (even in biomech form) and describe himself as an Autobot Pretender – a Cybertronian disguised at a sub-molecular level in the body of a human-form Pretender shell – and a field agent assigned to Japan in general, and most recently to the troubled city of Fuyuki-shi.

But it was not always so.

Étienne was ‘born’ as the wholly bio-mechanical H’trorren 1200 years ago in New Iacon, one of the more recent generations to emerge in the new era to emerge in the wake of the Great Shutdown.

Raised in a Cybertron which was, at the time, united under the rule of Shockwave and the Council, his formative years were peaceful ones – yet the (apparent) lack of interest in exploration, or in trying to track down those groups which were known to have taken the Great War with them into the wider galaxy, chafed at the inquisitive H’trorren.

Fortunately for him, he was contacted secretly by representatives of the legendary Countdown – who had made a covert return to Cybertron, unwilling to risk revealing himself openly to Shockwave’s ‘unified’ government – and invited to join the crew of his interstellar operations craft.

Leaving Cybertron behind, he served what was, in effect, his first turn of duty under Countdown’s command – exploring hitherto-unknown sectors of space, making layovers at friendly and allied worlds such as Paradron and (more recently) Nebulos, and engaging the forces of the cunning Skystalker in defence of indigenous species unable to fend the would-be Decepticon tyrant alone.

However, his place among Countdown’s crew would come to an end during the tempestuous events of 2005. Responding to the emergency signal broadcast when Unicron attacked, Countdown’s vessel emerged from transwarp into the Alpha Centauri A system – where they were too late to take part in the engagement. By the time they approached Cybertron itself, the battle was over, but the terrible cost extracted was all too evident. After spending several weeks helping to recover Autobots and Decepticons left drifting in orbit, H’trorren approached Countdown with a transfer request – to go to the one world in this region of the galaxy where he felt he was needed most of all…

…Earth.

Countdown contacted Metalhawk – who not long before had made formal contact with the Autobots who had been active on Earth since 1984, taking his team of Pretenders back to the fold – and arranged for H’trorren to be transferred, as one of a new batch of volunteers who were to be added to Metalhawk’s team in Japan.

However, when the transfer took place, an unforeseen error in his navigation system caused him to crash-land in the Burren, Co. Clare, Ireland – where his tragic first encounter with humanity took place.

Now, he lives on Earth in the guise of a French-Canadian expatriate in Japan, the inheritor of the genetic profile of an Irish youth whose life he could not save, but whose memory he swore to honour. To that end, he tries each day to live up to his lost friend’s dying request:

“If I can’t live in this brave new world of yours… live it for the both of us.”

Only time will tell if he is successful.

-----

As with Seonac*, this character's profile was written "in-universe" prior to the point at which he is introduced to his respective story.

*Or rather, the Seonac posted earlier in the thread, from a non-crossover-ey timeline. As Étienne's adopted middle name suggests, the Seonac in this universal stream is now dead; but, through Étienne's Pretender shell, his DNA lived on.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Things got a little more complicated through the events portrayed in Fate/Trans Form, however.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:00:29 AM by Nerroth »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »
Satoshi has no combat weakness directly most of his issues are moral, psychological or,emotional. There are a number of ways to get past his numerous powers but you have to be a guy like Batman or Archer to have the foresight and resources to to so. A bit late but that's my kryptonite answer.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2013, 01:35:24 AM »
I have a couple other OC's for the Nasuverse in the works, though I will probably need help in evening a few of them out.

For example one character I call Red is an Immortal Being that cannot age but can be killed, only to regenerate sometime later and the speed of the regeneration is relevant to the amount of damage his body sustains. Red knows a great deal of magecraft and runes but his luck is very low which results in many of his casting to either fail outright or mess up entirely, the only redeeming feature I had in mind for Red was his magical capability. My intention is for Red to possess enough Prana producing circuits to be referred to as the Living Ley Line, Red is meant to be a powerhouse with a less than average amount of control and a reserve of magical power great enough to make almost any servant nearly invincible. Red however is supposed to be simple minded and pure of heart, the type of person who'd help anyone out of the kindness of his heart but have the morals to know right form wrong.

Hmm, I missed this before....

He sounds potentially interesting, but also possibly a bit powerful. It depends somewhat on the context he is used in, though.

Red is meant to be a good guy, the type of guy who'd seek out the holy grail with the intention of becoming mortal so he could die for good. Red is the type of guy who would be friends with Shirou easily but he no skill in the kitchen (Taiga, Saber & Kiritsugu are several times better than him) and he has a slight curse that causes death to find him easily, what flaws he does have he makes up for with skill, kindness, and hard work. I won't say what era he hails from but he is from the age of gods and his abilities reflect this.

My intent is for Red to join the guys in Nexus City, where he is meant to be my answer to Milbunk's Downy Reed.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2013, 01:54:12 AM »
Satoshi has no combat weakness directly most of his issues are moral, psychological or,emotional. There are a number of ways to get past his numerous powers but you have to be a guy like Batman or Archer to have the foresight and resources to to so. A bit late but that's my kryptonite answer.
So unless you have an arsenal and resources like Batman, you don't have a chance? What the hell Lantz, that is not a weakness at all.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2013, 02:20:17 AM »
Heroic characters are good, we need a few more good characters around to balance the neutral ones.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2013, 03:02:08 AM »
Heroic characters are good, we need a few more good characters around to balance the neutral ones.

Really? I'd say we have plenty of heroic characters at the moment, especially since Rider is heroic by association (and I have Sakura and Shirou coming some time soon).

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2013, 01:46:05 AM »
OK, here is a description of my OCs from my post-HF universe. I'm going to start outlining the basic setting, then I'll give a description of Sakura's four children, and also Kariya's girlfriend/wife. Finally, I'm going to put what I have so far of Aoi's character sheet in another post, which I could do with some help fleshing-out (in particular, her personality I am somewhat unsure about, and some ideas would be good).

Setting

These characters all come from a post-HF True universe. Sakura and Shirou are happily-married and have four children. They still live in the Emiya house with their youngest child, Kiyoshi and Rider. Their two eldest childen, Aoi and Kariya, have both married and moved out, with Aoi now living with her husband in a nearby house purchased for her by Sakura, and Kariya living wherever he works (which will vary depending on when this is set) along with his girlfriend/fiancee/wife Sam.

Sakura works at an orphanage which she also provides much of the funding for, and is also the patron of several children's charities, especially ones related to helping abused children. Whilst her nature as a magus prevents her fostering orphans as she would like to, she does care deeply for them, and does sometimes invite them over to her house to meet her family and eat a delicious home-cooked meal. She also does cook for them at the orphanage (although less often than she would like, due to her own family commitments), bringing Kiyoshi over to meet the orphans. She sees them as almost part of her family, and is known to be rather generous towards them, both whilst at the orphanage and afterwards.

Due to the properties and other wealth which Zouken amassed whilst alive, and which passed to Sakura as his only remaining "descendant" on his death, plus her own intelligent investment of those resources, Sakura is wealthy and has no need to work, and nor do her children if they do not desire to do so. Despite this, Shirou in particular encourages them to go off and make their own way in life, rather than sponging off their mother's generousity. Of course, he has no objection to providing anything they need, regardless of expense.

Since Sakura has no inherited magic crest of her own, she has created  a basic one to pass onto each of her children. This allows them to use her magic without learning it, much like Rin can with the Tohsaka magic. However, rather than Sakura's altered affinity to binding magic, they have inherited her natural affinity to the Tohsaka magecraft, transfer of energy, and thus are capable of being jewel mages like their aunt.

All of the children are relatively disrespectful towards their parents (especially Sakura), but in an affectionate and loving way. She is generally very soft on them and spoils them to a large extent, due to how horrible her own upbringing was. However, she's not incapable of telling them off or ordering them around, although she will only do so when they are in real danger or when they are being completely unreasonable. There are a few things that will set her off, though, in particular misuse of their magic (due to her past experiences as Dark Sakura), and also them putting theirselves in unnecessary danger or treating others (especially those who at first glance appear to be "dangerous" or unusual) badly without just cause.

Characters

Emiya Aoi:

Eldest child of Shirou and Sakura, Aoi was born with exceptional magical talent, almost on the level of her mother and Aunt. As a result, Rin encouraged her to take the path of a magus. She considered the possibility of handing over the Tohsaka magic crest to Aoi, but at the time Rin was still doing her own research in London, and didn't really have the time or inclination to take on an heir, particularly since Sakura was unwilling to let Rin take her daughter away to London, at least until she was old enough to make the decision for herself.

However, whilst Rin encouraged her to follow the path of a magus to some extent, her parents encouraged her to consider other pursuits as well, and to live as normal a life as  possible, although they didn't discourage her from learning magic. As a result, whilst she has decided to actively pursue being a magus, she hasn’t lost touch of her human side. She also remained at home, since her pedigree as a magus wasn’t good enough to get a place at the Association, plus she didn’t really want to leave her mother.

Has developed several spells that combine her shadow affinity with her jewel magic and, influenced by her brother Kariya and his girlfriend, named them "Supernova" and "Black hole". Probably had an accident at some point when practicing her black hole spell, very nearly swallowing up her entire family, until Sakura stopped it, nearly dying in the process. After that Sakura ensured she was a lot more careful with her experimentation, and also made her build in some safeguards to the spell to ensure she wouldn’t be able to cause serious damage with it.

Sometimes acts as the Second Owner of Fuyuki if Rin and Sakura are both absent, and also assists them in performing their duties when necessary.

Lives with her husband in a house close to the Emiya house, purchased for her by her mother. Shares Sakura's affinity for the shadow magic, and thus is more capable of manipulating her shadow dimension than any of her siblings are. The strongest magus of the Emiya children, and the only one capable of putting things into the shadow dimension safely and without corrupting them (particularly people).

Emiya Kariya:

Second child of Shirou and Sakura. Born with fewer magic circuits than most of his siblings, and with little ability to manipulate the shadow (can, however, act as an exit point for people inside the shadow dimension, with his mother's help). Never really took to the magic training, and instead of becoming a magus, went to university.

Married (or at least engaged) to Sam, after meeting her through an orphaned friend who Sakura had funded to study physics at the university. Where he lives depends on the timeline, as does his marital status.

Tohsaka Yuki:

She is the third eldest child of Shirou and Sakura.  Implanted with Rin's magic crest at an early age (or, at very least, began preparations to do so), after Rin had asked Sakura if she could adopt one of her children as an heir. Even though Sakura trusts Rin, she had considered the situation to be too much like her own, and could not bring herself to abandon her child, even to what would surely be a very loving mother. However, as a peace offering, she had agreed to allow Rin to train the child as if it were her own. Formally adopted by Rin at the age of ~12, after asking to live with her to aid her training  Extremely powerful magus, possessing both the Tohsaka magic crest, and also the simple one that Sakura had produced for all her children.

Emiya Kiyoshi:

Fourth child of Sakura and Shirou, and the only one Sakura still actively looks after. Due to his young age relative to the others, Sakura adores him and is highly protective of him (even more so than of her other children), doubly-so since he looks rather like a younger version of his father, although he does have his mother's natural green eyes. In addition, Sakura tends to spoil him somewhat (as she does all of her children), although she gets rather upset at him if he takes his life for granted.

Like his brother Kariya, he is only an average magus. However, unlike Kariya he was determined from a young age to make the most of the limited talents that he had, and use them to fight evil. Initially, he seemed entirely hopeless, but he found that he was capable of manipulating the ether clumps he created with his failed efforts into useful items, and his Aunt later confirmed his elemental affinity. He also found himself to be good at reinforcement magic, and thus uses this regularly.

A reasonably powerful magus, and one who seems to be picking up on his father's former ideal and self-sacrificial nature to some extent. Sakura finds his fixation on Shirou's ideal somewhat cute and endearing, although she does worry that he will come to harm as a result. Is learning to fight using shadow swords created from Ether with some shadow magic imbued into them, but is as-of-yet not anything like powerful enough to take on his father or mother in a battle. However, anyone who goes up against him should be wary that, if they hurt him in any way, Sakura will be extremely upset and angry.

Nice and caring, but sometimes unintentially selfish. Doesn't realise when his actions are harming people due to being somewhat sheltered. Additionally, due to the sheltered nature of his upbringing, he is somewhat reliant on his parents (Sakura in particular) taking care of him, and does not feel comfortable being away from them in unusual situations. When fighting, he is somewhat hot-headed, often treating conflict as the first option rather than a last resort. He also genuinely enjoys beating up bad guys, although he does prefer not to kill when possible. Also very poor at doing things he doesn't enjoy or want to do, particularly household chores (due to his parents tending to do them). However, he does enjoy cooking, as a result of seeing his parents' enjoyment of it and having had lessons which they also made enjoyable.

He enjoy sword-fighting with his father and Rider, using low-power versions of his shadow swords which will not cause any real damage to Shirou if they hit (Shirou fights using swords which will shatter on hitting Kiyoshi's body). Also enjoys play-fighting with Rider (although she does not fight anything like seriously) and trains in magic with his mother, as well as his big sister Aoi and Aunt Rin on occasion. However, he has no time for the principles behind magic (much to the annoyance of his aunt), instead only caring about the aspects which he can use to increase his own fighting prowess.

Tends not to listen to Sakura much, because she is extremely soft on him. However, he does still love her and trust her to protect him even though he tends not to obey her, and he is old and smart enough to know when he really should listen to her, for his own safety. Particularly since she can actually be very scary and authoritative when she is genuinely concerned for his well-being as opposed to just trying to get him to do something.

His Aunt and sister Aoi are trying to teach him to use magecraft more effectively, in particular with regards to use of the family jewel magecraft, but he shows little interest in their lessons. He also lacks the ability to do conventional magecraft well, although he is capable of the basics.

Samantha Emiya (Sam):

Very smart quantum physicist who moved to Japan to take up a postdoc place, and then met and (eventually) married Kariya, through a mutual friend that Sakura had funded through university after his parents "mysteriously" disappeared without a trace when he was very young. An expert in Many-Worlds theory of QM and, until her experiments went wrong, was close to finding a method of replicating the Second Magic using science.

Has discussed the Second Magic with Rin, and was amazed at her ability to do things which she spends her entire life studying so casually. Also explains to Rin how Many-Worlds works, and how alternate dimensions work.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:11:27 AM by Cherry Lover »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2013, 01:47:03 AM »
Name: Emiya Aoi
Race: Human (Magus)
Height: 5' 4''
Weight: - look up
Eyes: Green
Hair: Auburn
Appearance: Similar to her Aunt Rin, but with bigger breasts (similar to her mother, Sakura) and a slightly larger ass. Very attractive.
Need to work out how she dresses, hair style etc.

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Charisma:
Strength:
Agility:
Speed:
Endurance:
Intelligence: B
Magic Resistance:
Magic Ability: A

Affinity: Imaginary numbers and wind.

Magical attribute: Possesses the Tohsaka family trait "transfer of energy".

Magic crest: Small crest given to her by Sakura, containing all the spells she has learnt to perform, including her shadow magic.

Spells:

Jewel magic: Due to her Tohsaka family heritage, possesses the ability to use jewel magic, as well as possessing several jewels of her own creation. Specialises in using the jewels for shadow magic due to her elemental affinity, and tends to use (jade?) jewels as a result – possibly ask Elf here.

Shadow magic:Like her mother, can produce shadow tentacles, shadow giants and absorb people into her shadow dimension. Somewhat less powerful, however, since she lacks her mother's connection to Angra Mainyu. Unlike Sakura‘s other children, she has also learned to store things in the shadow dimension without absorbing or damaging them.

Black hole: Using a combination of her shadow and wind magic, she is able to produce a shadow tendril or similar which sucks in prana and potentially items or people from its vicinity. Initially, it starts off weak due to a lack of prana, but the prana it sucks in allows it to grow very powerful indeed if she desires it to. It will of course usually suck in her allies as well as her enemies, but this is not too much of a big deal since she can let them out again. However, it will also suck prana out of them potentially, which could leave them vulnerable and, in the case of Rider, outright kill her due to her nature as a familiar relying on prana to remain in the world.

Above a certain size, it is self-sustaining, however this can be very dangerous because it is possible for it to grow in size and swallow up everything in the vicinity. However, Aoi does have the ability to control it to a large extent, so this won’t happen as long as she is careful. Produces a void in the mana supply in the surrounding area which causes mana to flow in the direction of the hole – need to consider how it works.

It is also possible for a sufficiently powerful person (including Sakura, due to her familiarity with the shadow magic) to escape of their own accord. This would however likely cause harm to Aoi, so Sakura doesn’t do it.

Supernova: Essentially this is the Black Hole spell applied to and stored in a jewel. On command, the jewel explodes, creating a miniture shadow "hole" which sucks in prana from the surrounding area, as well as potentially people (and especially spiritual entities). Due to the prana inside the gem, the hole starts out much more powerful than the usual one she uses. However, due to it being non-interactive, the spell is less efficient, and therefore won’t grow as fast. Aoi has deliberately calibrated the jewels so that the spell will never get to the point where it is self-sustaining. However, she does have variable power jewels (which will expand to a different amount of area), and she is also able to design the spells such that they grow in different ways to achieve the result she desires.

The vortex can theoretically be escaped, but it is difficult since, unlike the standard shadow dimension, it has no conscious owner with the capability of expelling people. It can also be set up to automatically convert anything inside it into prana, or it can hold them prisoner until the dimension collapses – can escape or remain trapped inside and killed?. If Aoi manages to merge with it and connect to it, she can extract people (?).

Need to consider safeguards, because this is potentially an exceptionally dangerous spell, due to being self-sustaining. Need some way to ensure it doesn’t grow indefinitely. Possibly related to the way it sucks mana from the air, but hard to avoid positive feedback.

Possibly give her at least some element of control over the wind element of it, to prevent it growing too much. She still has to be very careful, though.

Can possibly also do something similar with her own body or her own shadows, sucking prana into her shadow from the surrounding area. Probably less effective initially (due to lack of prana), but more controllable. Also can potentially be dangerous to her if she swallows too much prana or something too powerful.

Can use her magic to merge her own Black Hole with one created using Supernova, or at least connect with it, allowing her to moderate a Black Hole that is dangerously out of control. However, this is potentially dangerous to her due to the amount of prana she could be taking in, particularly if the Black Hole gets too large. In that case she may be forced to sacrifice her own life in order to prevent the Black Hole swallowing up everything.

Understandably, Sakura does not like her doing this. Further, Sakura is also capable of doing it, and thus tends to insist on taking the responsibility even if it endangers her. Aoi, obviously, does not want her mother to get hurt, and thus is very careful.

She developed these abilities on her own, with no encouragement from her mother (indeed, Sakura tried to discourage her from doing anything potentially dangerous). However, ultimately Sakura realised it was better to teach her to do it safely rather than leave her to perform dangerous experiments.

Possibly need to give her the ability to collapse the vortex somehow.

Need other magic ideally, although she’s relatively young so she won’t be extremely varied in what she does.

Other Abilities:

Background: Eldest child of Shirou and Sakura, Aoi was born with exceptional magical talent, almost on the level of her mother and Aunt. As a result, Rin encouraged her to take the path of a magus. She considered the possibility of handing over the Tohsaka magic crest to Aoi, but at the time Rin was still doing her own research in London, and didn't really have the time or inclination to take on an heir, particularly since Sakura was unwilling to let Rin take her daughter away to London, at least until she was old enough to make the decision for herself.

However, whilst Rin encouraged her to follow the path of a magus to some extent, her parents encouraged her to consider other pursuits as well, and to live as normal a life as  possible, although they didn't discourage her from learning magic. As a result, whilst she has decided to actively pursue being a magus, she hasn’t lost touch of her human side. She also remained at home, since her pedigree as a magus wasn’t good enough to get a place at the Association, plus she didn’t really want to leave her mother.

Probably had an accident at some point when practicing her black hole spell, very nearly swallowing up her entire family, until Sakura stopped it, nearly dying in the process. After that Sakura ensured she was a lot more careful with her experimentation, and also made her build in some safeguards to the spell to ensure she wouldn’t be able to cause serious damage with it.

Sometimes acts as the Second Owner of Fuyuki if Rin and Sakura are both absent, and also assists them in performing their duties when necessary.

Engaged to (insert name here), and they live together in the old Emiya house, given to them by Sakura and Shirou as an early wedding present – need to change this. Perhaps not actually the eldest, but the second eldest. Shares Sakura's affinity for the shadow magic, and thus is more capable of manipulating her shadow dimension than any of her siblings are. The strongest magus of the Emiya children. The only one capable of putting things into the shadow dimension safely (particularly people). Also, probably capable of creating her own shadow dimension should she wish to (separate from her mother's). Note – given how the shadow magic might work (Sakura creates lots of separate dimensions), I'm not sure that a shared shadow dimension is reasonable. I need to understand this.

Personality:Very fond of and looks up to her mother, although she also respects her Aunt Rin’s nature as a magus.

Weakness:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 01:52:25 AM by Cherry Lover »

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2013, 04:53:45 AM »
Aoi seems pretty interesting.  You do need to work on her personality a bit though.

As for the gem?  Jade would be a very poor choice for shadow magic.  Jade's generally a healing and good luck stone.  I'd recommend something like Labradorite, Black Spinel, or Smokey Quartz.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2013, 04:54:57 AM »
Aoi seems pretty interesting.  You do need to work on her personality a bit though.

Yeah, definitely. I'm really quite stuck on that, though, so I would appreciate any ideas people might have.

As for the gem?  Jade would be a very poor choice for shadow magic.  Jade's generally a healing and good luck stone.  I'd recommend something like Labradorite, Black Spinel, or Smokey Quartz.

Ah, OK, thanks. I really don't know much about gemstones....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2013, 06:54:58 AM »

Yeah, definitely. I'm really quite stuck on that, though, so I would appreciate any ideas people might have.

Ah, OK, thanks. I really don't know much about gemstones....
You don't seem to have anything on who Aoi's husband is; that seems to be something that you should rectify.

For that matter, would you mind my using some of your characters in some of my fanfiction Mike? Probably going to post it here, give the family a role and a reworking of the Nameless Enforcer.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:06:01 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
You don't seem to have anything on who Aoi's husband is; that seems to be something that you should rectify.

Well, he's not really meant to be anyone important, just some random guy she met and fell in love with. She might be more magus-like than her mother is, but she doesn't let it get in the way of her happiness to that extent.

For that matter, would you mind my using some of your characters in some of my fanfiction Mike? Probably going to post it here, give the family a role and a reworking of the Nameless Enforcer.

Hmm, what fanfiction is this?

And, no, I don't mind as long as it's posted on DSM (preferably first, so it can attract people over here), you acknowledge who wrote them and where to find me and they're not treated really badly or horribly mischaracterised. I have no problem with my characters being used by someone else, but I have no desire whatsoever to see them used to help out BL, after the way they've treated (and continue to treat) me. I also expect that anyone who has questions about my characters should be directed here to get them answered....