Author Topic: the OC corner  (Read 28707 times)

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: the OC corner
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2014, 04:16:16 AM »
Except that he was guarding the camps in which the massacre took place. How can he claim not to know what was going on there?

I told you already, the Jews were not shipped into any extermination camps until Himmler ordered it so on October 5, 1942. Auschwitz received its first transport of German Jewish inmates on December 10 of the same year. To put this into perspective, Auschwitz began its operation on May 20, 1940, with 30 German criminal prisoners as its first prisoners. That's two years difference between the opening of Auschwitz and the exact date when the Holocaust began.

Well, you could walk into Berlin and shoot Hitler for one thing....

Well, you really think that nobody will continue the ideological legacy of Hitler even after he's dead, when he's actually surrounded by people who believe in his racial ideologies but actually more competent than him, such as Heydrich, Himmler, Goebbels or Goering? Not to mention virtually most of the SS personnel or the Nazi party itself? You really think the war will stop if you killed Hitler alone?

My point is that there are no excuses for what he did, at all. Dumb nationalism is not a justification for overlooking mass murder.

Well, that's the point of his Third Reich-era background story: Aside from his dumb nationalism, his cynicism, desperation and wanting to resurrect the past he cherished so much made him overlook the whole thing. To quote one of Queen's songs to describe his situation, he headed for disaster 'cause he never read the signs.

What's worst, Hitler himself told off Rattus when he complained about the Holocaust during their final confrontation on the Fuehrerbunker: When Rattus aired his ire on him about the whole massacre that took place, Hitler accused him of being a conservative royalist who only rode on his coat-tails because of his desire to take revenge for the Treaty of Versailles. (Take note, conservative royalism, or wanting to have the Emperor back, is against Nazi ideals.) Rattus affirms this accusation and told Hitler that he ruined Germany with the Final Solution. In rebuttal, Hitler called Rattus a weak person on the basis that he served him despite hating Hitler's ideals of what he wants Germany to be like. Of course, because Hitler has a point, Rattus just shut up.

In short, if even Hitler despises you for being not true to your ideals and instead, being a myrmidon to the country because you want to have revenge, there must be something wrong with you.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2015, 11:58:02 AM »
This thread. : ^)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »
You necroed the thread to say that?

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2015, 04:37:33 PM »
I'm bored.

But, Frosty 'encouraged' me to think of another Saber clone today, so I guess I will work on my own OC, maybe for the purpose of a fanfic.

Mitsuhide as a Saber clone, with her own Excalibur version as inspired by Gintama's Lesson 417.

Excalibur Sigma: Rebellion Against Demon King of the Six Heavens.

Hideyoshi owns Excalibur Omega, but not sure yet if he just sword hunted himself own Excalibur or is a Saber clone.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2015, 05:44:17 PM »
Lol, does the world really need more Saber clones? I'm going to have to check your IP against Jacks, to see if you're a secret puppet of his :P

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »
They sell better than Sakura clones : ^)

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2015, 05:44:37 PM »
Not so much an OC as a variant of the Fate/Extra female protagonist. I'm trying t adjust this but I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Race: Servant Caster

Name: Manami Horobiya

appearance: Long brown wavy hair with matching large brown eyes. Her bangs are cut in an even fringe that dangle just above the eyes. She wears a western style school uniform with a tan colored blazer and pleated skirt to match. She wears stockings and brown loafers to complete the school girl look. Her skin is like alabaster making her resemble some sort of porcelain doll than a real girl. She appears helpless to the point people feel uncomfortably compelled to help her. The effect is almost like the Servant Skill Charisma but her status shows she does not have such a skill.

personality: She's rather blunt and awkward, especially at first impressions. She doesn't believe that she has a personality because she lacks memories. Still, she's witty and razor tongued when provoked. At most times she's a very neutral type of person, hating the idea of violence and yet she is also not against it when required of her. Though generally cordial and almost meek further enhancing that doll like image, she has the tendency to throw a mean punch at anything that surprises her as an involuntary reflex. She believes that perhaps she was a person who didn't believe in slapping.

Parameters:

Strength: E

Endurance: E

Agility: E

Mana: C

Luck: D

Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skill:

Territory Creation: E
- She is incapable of actually making a territory suited for maximizing her magecraft or item creation. However she has impeccable domestic skills that maximize productivity of whoever is using it. For example; if she tidies up the study, whoever is in the study for purposes of research or paperwork feel unnaturally driven and without laziness.

Item Creation: E
- Having no experience in crafting during her life, Caster cannot create even simple talismans as imposed by this class skill. Such is the level of her incompatibility with crafting. However she has a rank E in it just so it appears on the status sheet.

Personal skill:

Independent Action: EX
- She can exist on her own mana supply indefinitely even without a contract. In fact, she can exist indefinitely even when contracted as a master or prana source so long as it does not exceed her generation of it.

Magecraft: E
- Shown to be capable of using fairly powerful single action spells. Still useless when it comes to dealing with servants having any form of magic resistance. Though that may be irrelevant seeing as most of Caster's spells are supportive in nature.

Eyes of the Mind(True): D+++
- Though limited, experience gained throughout her life has sharpened Caster's mind to a point that she can read the tells of an opponent's moves. Her accuracy with this is normally 50-50 as if she is merely guessing. When specific information is obtained on the opponent, the effect doubles. Another increment is added when her luck check is a positive. At it's maximum, Caster's Mind's Eye does not only predict attacks accurately and precisely as if she had future vision; it also allows her to grasp at the possibility of victory even when the chances are 0%, even when faced with gods with no preparation whatsoever.

Noble Phantasm:

Contract Servant - An Alteration of the Soul: B (Support type Noble Phantasm)
- Though any servant, especially caster class servants, can become a master. Caster's is unique as it allows her to turn even living things into her servant. Another unique point to her contract is once her servant's parameters are settled, they receive a bonus 2 ranks in all parameters. With everything else, it resembles the standard Master-Servant system of the grail war, meaning Caster would have her own set of command seals specific to the servant contracted to her.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
Going to be perfectly honest here, I'm suddenly fighting a strong temptation to drop Adjutor Xarrest in here. Probably not going to, but I'm not entirely sure yet...
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
Wow, that's a very weak servant, although I guess that's not overly surprising.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
Seeing this thread ressurected actually reminds me of this OC I made several years back.

Fukui Hibiki was a freelance mage with a biting demeanor, relying primarily on runes and other written magic. Ordinarily he worked together with his teacher, an eastern combat mage who also resorted to demonic magic. Son of a japanese onmyoji working as a freelance exorcist and an orthodox western mage from England; when he was some 7 years old his father failed to return from an investigation mission for his employers, and his mother died not long after from the backlash of a curse she removed in her line of work. His mother's cousin, Sakurama Kazuya, was the one who raised him from that point onwards and started to train him, which led to Hibiki eventually joining the same jobs as a mercenary.

Most of his magic didn't use incantions. Instead he used a Light Scribing spell to project written magic formulas on the air and enact complex spellcraft through them. Since he had unusually efficient eidetic memory, instead of dedicating it to remembering lines and lines of text from spell books, he used it to memorize rune sequences, magic circles and geometrical magical equations with perfect precision.

Essentially, instead of casting magic, he wrote out magic, with greater and faster results than regular spells once he dominated Light Scribing to the point he could instantly project meters and meters wide complex arrays. He still used essential magics without much difficulty, but they weren't the core of his abilities. He was trained in martial arts, but he didn't practice any one in particular and just mixed efficient moves in the most straightforward way in combat. His resilience and strength were greatly increased, even without any special focus, from the runes he had also engraved on himself.

All around, his skillset made him a formidable fighter at most ranges. His major weakness was that he wasn't fast when compared to other fighters in his weight class.

I originally came up with him for a Negima fanfiction where he'd get sent off to be Negi's assistant, and his teacher was an expy of Sakurazuka Seishirou that I had actually conceptualized earlier. His character arc, as I initially envisoned it, was going to revolve around him finding a life he wants to protect with the people he meets at Mahora Academy, and deciding to help some of them with their own objectives, instead of just keeping up with his work and satisfying himself with having the chance to help others every now and then.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:45:51 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »
@yolf: seems to be a rather unfortunate man.

Caster was supposed to have two more abilities. One is a personal skill while the other is her ultimate Noble Phantasm. However I found that it completely tipped the balance somewhat to a screwy scale.

Personal Skill:

Obfuscation: E
- She cannot actually hide her presence but she has a unique constitution for a servant. For one, she feels remarkably human without the air of a heroic spirit. That means she is less likely to be detected as a servant by means of searching out traces of mana or presence compared to normal servants. Even when knowing she is a servant, one cannot help but feel they're just standing in front of a normal human. Another extent of her plainness allows her to be easily overlooked. That is completely different from hiding one's presence because her presence is overlooked instead of being concealed.

Noble Phantasm:

Moon Cell Automaton - Soul, Will and Mind of God, The Holy Grail of Information: EX
- Her act of heroism acknowledged by the Holy Grail was winning the Moon Cell Holy Grail War and then using her wish to seal it away, even though merely making the wish would cause in her destruction. Even when drawing from the strength of the Holy Grail to create miracles, Caster cannot truly call on the Moon Cell. And even if she could, she could not make any wish on it due to her wish being used up as well as the process of her being destroyed repeated once again. Instead, what is summoned is a replica of the Moon Cell as a reality Marble based on her memories, one that would not destroy her on entrance. Inside the Moon Cell is information on everything, from the Earth's Inception to the current second, from the biography of great historical figures to the detailed story of the life of a single ant. All information of the world becomes available to Caster as well as the Moon Cell's processing ability to choose the ideal path in achieving one's desired scenario.

I cut off Obfuscation because it felt odd enough for a Caster to have Independent Action and True Eye of the Mind, especially in such high ranks. And that level of Obfuscation would be more played for laughs than any serious application in the story. As for her second Noble Phantasm, I think it would make her a bit overpowered considering how big of a deal information is in the Holy Grail War. She would immediately know who are the Master Servant Pairs in the war and would be provided with the exact measures to defeat each one. This would swing her position as the weakest servant to possibly the most powerful.

She was never meant to be a powerful servant though, because she was summoned specifically into the 5th holy grail war due to its participants. I wanted her true worth to lie in who she recognizes and knows in the war, particularly her master Emiya Shirou.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:05:47 AM by demino_hellsin »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2015, 03:51:40 PM »
Well, she wouldn't know Shirou properly, she'd only know Archer. And, whilst she does know a version of Rin and Sakura, they aren't the same person, especially in Rin's case.

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2015, 02:39:23 AM »
Exactly. It's familiar and yet she distinctly knows these are different people. As the war drags on though, the people she remembers exhibit the same personalities, tendencies, quirks that she knew them for confusing her as she acts like she knows them on impulse. It's even harder when her master acts much like the justice freak Archer described himself as in a past life. And Caster's memories of Archer that flow into Shirou through dreams slowly teach him magecraft through instinct, if only because they share the same abnormal origin of the sword, non-withstanding them being the same person from different dimensions. Archer's level of projection would eventually spur Shirou on to perfect the craft enough to at least deploy in combat.

The idea would be for the roles to reverse as Caster stands back while her master takes to direct combat. Her Noble Phantasm Contract Bond could be used on Shirou and he would gain similar abilities as that of a servant with an added boost of 2 ranks to every parameter.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2015, 03:49:57 PM »
Wait, so Shirou would be her servant and her master? How does that even work?

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2015, 04:04:23 PM »
Well the grail being corrupt made it screw the rules a bit. It just so happened that the Caster it chose was one whose only feat of being a magus was winning a holy grail war. So that's what it focused on. There is no problem for Caster to bind a servant and become a master. To the grail, the number of masters never really mattered. In some cases it's just more mana to fuel it, in another case the rules have always been the winner is the last master standing. If someone who already possessed command seals steps in, then it doesn't react negatively. Neither would the judges, most likely.

As for the dynamic between Shirou and Caster, their prana is interlinked. She sends prana to him while he sends prana to her. Both are masters to each other and both are servants to each other. Each can use the command seal on the other and the effectiveness is dependent on their will as per usual and whoever goes first. Other than those I don't think their dynamic would change much. Unless I'm missing something.