Author Topic: Lantz's Q and A thread  (Read 21923 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Lantz's Q and A thread
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
The previous thread became something of a nonsense pit completely off topic. As such I find that making another thread is prudent, plus it's efficient for anybody reading stories etcetera after the fact.

here's the way this will work. I'm going to create place holder posts with an indexed story name, Questions and answers will be put there as I receive them. With that in mind please don't post until I am finished  with the place holder posts.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Lantz's Q and A thread
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »
Of Swords and Sorcery

Satoshi's own story. People are often critical of Satoshi and his world but it's obviously an alternate universe. And frankly Nasu swung the golden key in front of my face and using all I knew about the nasuverse at the time and a previous story script I created his world, abilities etcetera. While Nasu may have updated his information thus rendering some things incorrect I feel that the story is still one worth telling.

first off it's a story in part intended to use the principal of the multiverse, so even before getting into Satoshi's world exactly there's going to be inconsistencies. Yes I use Fanon because Nasu doesn't explain everything so I have to explain things and when say an author such as the one who wrote swords dancers comes up with a decent explanation then I'll use it because a good point is still good even if the main author didn't say it.

I hate spoilers, all my life people screw me in this regard and I firmly believe that a story should be read not spoiled because people are impatient.

the format is like adventure time. In so far as the details get revealed on the go, keep reading and it will make sense. If not I can understand disliking the format but I won't change it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:36:04 PM by lantzblades »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
Of Flesh and Fantasy

A lot of people are critical of Satoshi in general but especially of this concept. In order to enlighten everyone of the truth I'll detail an explanation here.

Of Flesh and Fantasy was conceived after I skipped over a lemon scene in Shinji's route (as at that time I did not write lemons) and people thought I should learn to in order to make the routes more typical. I set out to learn (which is why I use all sorts of combinations of characters in one shots, to practice lemon writing) eventually I decided to make  the story as a big fan service thing where I didn't have to be overly serious and could give readers any canon pairing they suggested. Contrary to popular belief Satoshi was not the main character of the story, in fact the story was without a title.

Shirou was the first main character considered but he, along with the eight other characters failed the longevity test and eventually I decided to use Satoshi and while I gave the readers fan service in the form of stuff like ArcherXAkiha ShikiXSakura etcetera  I could have a chuckle at my own writing.

the main point of this project fan service still stands and readers can request ideas for me to write but I want to be clear that Satoshi being able to bed anyone was not the original idea of making him the protagonist but rather was influenced by requests to give voters the freedom to choose from as many options as possible including incest and such.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:53:22 PM by lantzblades »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »
One shots

these are moments in time. So I may or may not continue them and the concepts may or may not be very bizarre.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:38:32 PM by lantzblades »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
Lemons

I will write anything but loli, yaoi and Gilgamesh  as a rule. I'm not fond of incest although I can write it. No ntr, guro mind break (unless the point is rescuing the broken characters) no fat men.

Satoshi commonly appears here randomly to pad out these stories because I am fond of three act structure (in this case in example using Shirou X rider  and Archer X Luvia and having no closing point I insert a third scene) of otherwise characters I want to write don't. Fit (ie vampire Satsuki, Waruied and so on) because they would kill their partner from blood loss etcetera.

all things being equal I do have preferred pairings.

ArcherXRin
ShikiXKohaku
ExtraMCXextra Caster
and of course Gilgamesh X Gutter/ditch
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:49:34 PM by lantzblades »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 07:30:36 PM »
Crossovers

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 07:31:03 PM »
Miscellaneous stuff

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »
Ok, feel free to ask questions bit please be polite

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 02:36:24 AM »
I suppose this would count into your oneshots and lemons, specifically your older, reposted ones, and also a bit in miscellaneous.

Would you be alright with it if I merged  your completed stories/oneshots into one thread? Lantz Reposting Megapack thread? As it is, twelve of the nineteen topics on the front page are both yours and most are not new content, and reposting is burying everything down and might be rather overwhelming to newcomers, who could feel daunted by the huge amount of works by a single author.

It's also burying the threads dedicated to current and ongoing works, such as your own Of Swords And Sorcery. The present is being overloaded with the past, and is becoming less accessible in turn.

Of course, I'd index, link and label everything myself with meticulous care, as this is my idea. The first post will be an index, with links to every other story post in the thread with the story's title, and possibly a small description if you feel it necessary I put one. It would be one post per story, and not more stories per post so that every individual link brings to an individual story. If there are multiple posts to one story, they would be labeled part one, part two and so on, unless the chapters have specific names, following each other so that each story sticks with itself. The thread would then be organized and easy to navigate, and I will update the index every time you repost an old story into the thread.

This would, of course, only be for old stories and reposts. Would you post a brand new oneshot, it would not go into the thread. Same with a brand new story, as once it gets completed it will not go into the thread.

Of course unless I receive an actual complaint, you are completely free to disagree and veto the entire thing. But I'm just asking you consider the idea, as it might make this part of the forum less cluttered and would put your older content in a single place, where we can easily find it if we so decide to go looking.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 02:56:40 AM »
Those aren't the kinds of questions I was intended to be asked. However you present a great idea and I have no objections to what you propose. As long as I can get you to adjust the index in case I decide to write a sequel for any of my works I say go ahead and do as you suggest.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 03:00:43 AM »
Well, actually, it might be possible for Names to post it as you, which would probably allow you to edit it. Certainly I have a box that allows me to post as other users, I'm not sure if moderators have the same power.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 03:03:51 AM »
Links are a mess with my current posting method, names honestly would have an easier time doing it rather than I.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 03:19:44 AM »
What the heck does the Scourge of the Counter-Guardians mean as a title? Did Satoshi somehow kill counterguardians?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 03:28:02 AM »
Yes and no. You can't kill CG after all. You can however delay, disperse or defeat singular entities. In short he is simply a major pain to them.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 03:28:41 AM »
Links are a mess with my current posting method, names honestly would have an easier time doing it rather than I.

Well, mods and admins can edit your posts anyway, so it wouldn't prevent him. But, yeah, I guess that makes sense. It just feels a bit odd to have your fanfiction thread not made by you, I guess....

If you need anything added and Names isn't around, you can also ask me to do it.