Author Topic: PlayStation: from 1 to 4  (Read 1053 times)

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
PlayStation: from 1 to 4
« on: October 23, 2013, 01:07:31 AM »
The PlayStation 4 is about a month away (in North America and Europe; Japan will have to wait until next February), but Sony decided to use one of their promo ads to chart the history of the PlayStation brand in console form:

#4ThePlayers since 1995 | PlayStation

Note the changes to the London skyline from one generation to he next.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation: from 1 to 4
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »
Hmm, interesting. It felt kind-of nostalgic looking back to the original Playstation, I remember having one when I was a kid.

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:45:41 PM »
The North American and European version of the PlayStation Blog have each posted region-specific PS4 FAQs: here is one, and here is the other.

(Not so) fun facts: the PS4 cannot (or will not) play audio CDs, and nor does it play MP3s either.

How is it supposed to act as a media hub for a PS Vita (or Vita TV), if it can't even play the audio files you need to have in order to transfer over?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »
I remember the old PS2 ad that said the PS4 would do everything and have holographic displays and shit.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 11:14:10 PM »
How is it supposed to act as a media hub for a PS Vita (or Vita TV), if it can't even play the audio files you need to have in order to transfer over?

Well, presumably you download the audio files at a ridiculous price from Sony in a proprietory format. It's not like Sony don't have history with regards to really shitty DRM....

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
I own PS2, frequently borrow PS1 from my friend whenever I get a chance, plans to buy PS3, and don't plan to buy PS4 in any near future.