I was arguing with some of my friends about which of the several trans-Humans in the Gundam metaverse could truly be considered the 'next stage'.
1) Newtypes - in UC, they are a natural adaption of Humans living in space, though their abilities aren't well-defined (it appears to be psychic in nature), and it's never stated if the abilities are passed down from parents to their children. In AW though, Newtypes are just mutants and are not unique to Humanity.
2) Cyber-Newtypes (UC) - Humans artificially modified to possess Newtype abilities. They suffer psychological issues as a result.
3) Coordinators (CE) - genetically-modified Humans who are physically superior to ordinary Humans (Naturals). As a race they suffer progressive sterility from the third generation onwards.
4) Extended Humans (CE) - ordinary Humans augmented by means of drugs or some sort of neural surgery to allow them to keep up with Coordinators, but are highly unstable mentally as a result.
5) Innovators (AD) - a GN Particle-induced evolution that results in enhanced reflexes, increased analytic abilities and spatial awareness, as well as telepathy and an increased life-span. Due to the rapid growth of the Innovator population in just fifty years, it can be assumed that their abilities are passed on to their children.
6) Innovades (AD) - AIs imprinted onto clone Human bodies that give an 'impression' of Innovators. They have the same abilities, but are said to be inferior qualitatively.
7) Super Soldiers (AD) - surgically-modified Humans who possess similar abilities as Innovades and Innovators, but may suffer from psychological issues as a result.
8 ) X-Rounders (AG) - Humans who can use generally-inactive areas of the Human brain, although it is stated in-series that their abilities are just a fancy term for a Human's largely-suppressed natural animal instincts.
What are your opinions?