Author Topic: Sci-Fi Role Playing Game to be in the works (Kiala no Senki)  (Read 5657 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Sci-Fi Role Playing Game to be in the works (Kiala no Senki)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:11 PM »
Sorry, had to comment on mikes comment there, just wanted to address you first.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 11:17:03 PM »
That makes sense.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 11:39:03 PM »
Anything bonded to Helium is chemically impossible (excepting possibly Fluorine). Helium is entirely unreactive. Not sure how I missed that....

Although, then again, there's no such thing as dilithium either, and nor is any kind of matter going to be able to focus anti-matter safely. Star Trek still got away with it....
Dilithium - a bonded pair of lithium atoms. There's your answer. It'd be unstable as hell, but it's possible.

I don't think any such thing is possible, due to the way in which bonding works. But, even if it is, it wouldn't have the properties ascribed to it in Star Trek.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »
...I'll wisely stay out of that topic for now.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 11:51:11 PM »
Anything bonded to Helium is chemically impossible (excepting possibly Fluorine). Helium is entirely unreactive. Not sure how I missed that....

Although, then again, there's no such thing as dilithium either, and nor is any kind of matter going to be able to focus anti-matter safely. Star Trek still got away with it....
Dilithium - a bonded pair of lithium atoms. There's your answer. It'd be unstable as hell, but it's possible.

I don't think any such thing is possible, due to the way in which bonding works. But, even if it is, it wouldn't have the properties ascribed to it in Star Trek.

London dispersion forces maybe; it's been a while since I've taken AP chem.

As is though it'd be rather reactive as far as these things go. And yes, would not act like  Star Trek dilithium

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 11:58:49 PM »
Van der Waals forces act between molecules and atoms, not within them. You couldn't get two Lithium atoms bonded together in that way, you would have many.

Also, Van der Waals forces are stronger for larger molecules, and I'm not sure they apply at all with metals (which bond in a different manner). So, I don't think that would make anything called "dilithium".

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 12:05:37 AM »
Van der Waals forces act between molecules and atoms, not within them. You couldn't get two Lithium atoms bonded together in that way, you would have many.

Also, Van der Waals forces are stronger for larger molecules, and I'm not sure they apply at all with metals (which bond in a different manner). So, I don't think that would make anything called "dilithium".
No expert here, I'm pretty sure you're right on this one.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »
Hey Xam!

What kind of tech would Earth/Humans, Vanguard, Neon Warriors,  and the Evernun Commandoes possess. Are there any non-human [Alien] factions, empires and territories?
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
The Evernun Commandos are a coalition of aliens (compared to the Earth-side Humans). The Neon Warriors and the Vanguard are primarily Humans with roughly 24% of their total forces being aliens as well.

Tech level... Earth-side Humans haven't left our Solar System at all, and at the rate we're currently progressing, we'll still be in the Sol System for another 40k years... without outside interference. The other factions have better chances of finding us than we do of finding them. As far as everyone else, they have Hyperdrives and laser weapons, though they seem to think that guns are meant for orbital bombardment purposes only (if it ever gets that far for use at least)... oh, did I forget to mention that Earth developed robots, while everyone else works harder at getting their materials finished? (Yes, that's important, Earth-made goods are at a consistent quality comparable to the Chinese when compared to the rest of the Galaxy's variable quality which can be even worse than the Chinese at worst or on par with America at its height in the Industrial Revolution at best... all thanks to the robots.)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
Hmm, how are there humans in the main factions if humans have never left our system?

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
That's a question I'm glad someone actually asked.

See, Humans weren't made specifically on Earth all that time ago, but also in the Galaxy at large... kinda like how Star Wars had it. Still, unlike Star Wars, Humans evolved over time in varying levels compared to Earth's population... but always at a higher level of tech compared to Earth tech.

That make sense?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 06:23:38 PM »
No, that doesn't make sense at all....

How did humans evolve in more than one place? Evolution doesn't work that way.

Also, I believe that, canonically, the assumption in Star Wars is that humans originated on one planet and then spread across the Galaxy from there, rather than evolving multiple times on different planets. The details are just lost in the mists of time.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 06:32:06 PM »
Okay, let me get the revised facts about that now, hang on.

Okay, here's the revised facts, for your benefit: I'm going to say that most of the Galaxy had planets with Humans on them, mainly as something akin to how Star Wars had it, only the home of Humanity was initially Earth for all those years (sentient life kidnapped a huge mass of early humans for preservation tactics, helped them evolve, and the rest is history).

That should make more sense.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »
So can we create alien species? I got several in my head already.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 11:08:12 PM »
Sure, if you want, though it'll have to be in the graphical style of RPG Maker VX Ace (which is an unfortunate requirement, but only because I don't have the capabilities to make this 3D, if anything).

By the way, I intend for this game to be on sale after finishing making it, but with you guys... I'll see about giving those that help out with the production of the game access to up to five free copies each.