Unlimited Creativity Works > Doujin Projects

The BMW2 Production Thread

(1/17) > >>

Milbunk:
Howdy folks this is a thread for the discussion of the BMW2 project, a project dedicated to the production of a sequel on the game Battle Moon Wars!

We hope to bring an enjoyable experience one that follows a similar style to what BMW did but with a much better and enjoyable story.

I am the head of this particular project, with DP as the writer, and on the coder side of things we have Cherrylover but we can't do this alone!

At the moment we are currently trying to find Artists, Spriters, and Coders for this project, if anyone thinks they can help feel free to speak up!

If you have any questions or such feel free to ask.

Cherry Lover:
Hmm, we certainly need artists and spriters, but I'm not 100% sure if we need more coders just yet. It depends on how hard the coding task is, and how divisible it is. Still, if people want to get involved I don't have a problem with that.

Also, for the benefit of those who haven't read the thread on BL, you should explain the idea a bit more.

lantzblades:
I have questions.

Q1) I've been wondering why the working title is battle moon wars 2 when it has nothing to do with the first game aside from the Super robot wars game play style.

Q2) do you guys have an itemized list of the resources you need for the game

Q3) What type of Srpg are you guys planning? A BMW clone or will it be structurally different?

Q4) what or whom is the main focus of the story?

Q5) In terms of customization what are your  plans regarding character appearance?

I have more but this should do for now.

Milbunk:
Sure, the project like I mentioned is a indirect sequel to the previous BMW, though we don't have the story completed, the idea is to follow the DAA conflicts after the events of Tsukihime essentially making this what Tsukihime 2 might have been like.

Of course being a BMW game it would have a giant crossover setting with multiple Type Moon games such as FSN, Tsukihime, KnK, Fate/Zero, and possibly more.

The idea is to follow the same type of gameplay as the previous one which is a turn based rps type game very similar to that of the Super Robot Taisen series, but with an enhanced engine fixing things and making other things better.

Nice timing their Lantz lol, anyway other questions, for resources we don't have an exact list but some of the things we need include either updated or redrawn sprites of all the old BMW characters, new attacks for all characters, maps and missions which can't be done till we get a working engine, overworld sprites for all characters, and gameplay music, so as you can see we have a lot we need to work on.

For character appearances at the moment the main one is Altrouge but of course Shirou and Shiki will reappear though what we want to do if possible to give options that allow the player to choose which story Shiki or Shirou went with.

lantzblades:
So a tech updated clone with minor differences is the specifications  for the out set then? A bit disappointing if I'm honest. Srpgs have a bar set and BMW is way behind the curve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version