Author Topic: Gundam: SEEDed Chronicles of 00  (Read 2151 times)

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
Gundam: SEEDed Chronicles of 00
« on: September 04, 2013, 06:16:12 AM »
Gundam: SEEDed Chronicles of 00
Story written by Xamusel
Original story written by UltimateGundamFighter… credit for the idea goes to whoever they are

Disclaimer: The original Gundam franchises used from this point on are owned by Sunrise and the individual studios run by said company. The Universal Century is registered to Yoshiyuki “Kill ‘em All” Tomino, the Cosmic Era timeline is registered to Fukuda (the bastard doesn’t deserve it), and the Anno Domini timeline (not the one we live in) is registered to Ikeda. Any other franchise that I use is owned by the respective company or individual that came up with the idea for each franchise. What I own is the plotline for this story and any original characters and Mobile Units that may be used (that I make myself). I also claim ownership for specific concepts in this story that will be explained in-story as it progresses. If, for whatever reason, you see the concepts used in a commercial franchise, then know that I made the product line for that commercial franchise, because I’m something of an entrepreneur like that.

GN-000: Origins

CE 65, Republic of Krugis

In the Middle Eastern country of Krugis, located somewhere around old Saudi Arabia and Iraq, gunfire could be heard coming from the decrepit ruins of a town that was the current site of a battlefield. The battlefield was littered with bodies from the local area and parts of Mobile Suits from the Republic of East Asia called Anfs. For all intents and purposes, it looked like this country was being adopted into another through war, and the war was between Krugis and the REA.

Actually, the war was between Krugis and its immediate neighbor, Azidistan. Azidistan was somewhere around old Iraq and Iran in location, but some power-hungry part of the government thought it was a good idea to invade Krugis, and this war only got worse with the use of child soldiers. Speaking of which….

“This battle is a holy war in the name of God,” spoke the voice of the leader of the child soldiers out of older radios that had been acquired for the group. Two such child soldiers were rushing towards an Anf that had suddenly noticed their positions, with the child soldiers raising their semi-automatic rifles and firing burst rounds at the Mobile Suit.

“We shall strike down the infidels who disrespect our traditions and lay waste to the land of God,” continued the voice of the leader, not really caring that almost all of the child soldiers were dead by that point, like the two from before that shall forever be obscured by history. The Anfs continued to march forward, looking for more enemies to slaughter in the battle, while the final child soldier lived on, panting behind a wall that was made available for shelter.

“We must not submit to the infidels,” sounded the leader, as a radio was carried on an older model of Mobile Suit as it fired on the invading army. Eventually, an Anf destroyed another of the older models near the remaining child soldier’s position, causing her to run away from her hiding place and fire her semi-automatic rifle at a target that was giving her trouble before an explosion from behind her forced her into the air a bit before landing on the ground a few meters in front of her.

“By dying in battle, we shall be led into the presence of God,” the leader finished his broadcast for the time being, while the child soldier moved away from the Anfs that were in front of her, taking further shelter behind a different wall. As she sat behind the wall, her messy black hair and tanned skin complementing each other to accent her natural beauty, she moved her head up to show her cold brownish chestnut eyes, cold from the effects of living as a child soldier, and colder still because of the lack of love in her life that lead to this.

‘In this world, there is no God!’ That thought was that of one that had been freed from brainwashing by a supposed religious fanatic, one that was leading children like her to die in a false holy war. When images of her and her brother, Qutan Ibrahim, flashed through her mind, she felt the pain of losing him still to this day, mainly because of the link that they had as twins. Saleema Ibrahim was not going to distract herself for long, however, as missiles could be heard from nearby launching from another of the older model of Mobile Suits. As the missiles hit an Anf, the targeted Anf turned its attention towards Saleema’s position, firing a 30mm machine gun from under the head unit in her direction.

Saleema, as if by divine grace or something else, knew that she needed to duck to avoid the shots. As soon as she dodged, the wall behind her got holes in it, all because of the machine gun. With that barrage done, she ran away from her now exposed position, letting her live to fight some more.

“This battle is a holy war in the name of God,” spoke the voice of the leader one more time. It was as if he didn’t care what happened to his army one whit.

Saleema, though, thought once more, ‘in this world, there IS no God!’

“We shall strike down the infidels who disrespect our traditions and lay waste to the land of God,” was the last bit from the leader of this army that was ever heard by Saleema or anyone else, as Saleema ran through the town and did her absolute best to survive. Machine gun fire followed really close to her from behind, as she dodged all the bullets and made it to another enclosed space, but one that had given her a view of outside the space. When movement was caught out of the corner of her right eye, she turned her head to see that an Amf had noticed her position in the city, making her shrink back in terror as she felt death come close.

With the machine gun lowered and ready to fire, it seemed that the pilot would kill her then and there, only for a purple beam of energy to pass through the top of the head and permanently disable the Anf. Saleema saw this act happen, though she almost didn’t believe that similar beams of energy had fallen to crush her enemies, which caused her to stand back up and aim her semi-automatic rifle in seemingly random directions until she decided to look up. What she saw amazed her….

CE 68, Copernicus City on the Moon

In a park near the residential block of the Lunar City, two friends were parting from each other’s lives for what seemed like an eternity, both of whom were far removed from the conflict that was brewing in the Earth Sphere. The friends, one of whom had Ultramarine hair and Emerald Green eyes, wearing a green beret and a green sleeveless sweater over a white long-sleeved shirt with dark brown pants and black shoes, the other having Chestnut hair and Amethyst Purple eyes, wearing an aqua green dress shirt and dress pants with brown shoes, were named Athrun Zala and Kira Yamato respectively. Athrun was standing in front of his friend with a mechanical bird on the palms of his hands, saying to Kira, “The PLANTs and Earth will see eye to eye. There will be no war.”

As he offered the mechanical bird to Kira, Birdy hopped over to the hands of its new owner, who graciously accepted the bird with a sense of completion in their eyes. When Athrun made sure that his friend would never leave the bird alone, he continued to say, “The Evacuation doesn’t mean a thing.” Thinking for a bit, he asked, “You’ll join me in the PLANTs, right, Kira?”

Kira, while appreciative of Athrun’s gesture, said to him, “Athrun, you know full well that my parents won't let me go out on my own, so it would be nearly impossible for me to join you in the PLANTs.” Drooping her shoulders and head at the thought, she continued, “Besides, I’m not interested in telling you something like ‘I told you so’ in the event that a war breaks out.”

Athrun, while he could understand where she was coming from, noticed something again about her. With that, he asked, “Kira, are you sure that you hit puberty already? Your voice isn’t any deeper than it has been, and--”

Kira, hearing what was being implied, immediately blushed and karate chopped Athrun on the head for that. As for Birdy, it was smart enough to know that Kira was about to do that, so it took off in the air for safe measure.

Before Athrun could ask what that was about, Kira grabbed a hold of the front of his shirt and brought him closer to her, saying in his face, “You better listen to me, Athrun, as I won’t say it again. My puberty caused a lot of issues to arise that would involve me needing to change my underwear at least once more in a day per month, as well as an uncomfortable weight on my chest to appear by the time I’m an adult, and that’s not even the half of it, Athrun! I suggest that you stay away from me in situations like that, and learn that I’m able to be pissy when I don’t want to be, got it?!”

Athrun, for once, finally got the clue as to why Kira was like this. As he nodded frantically, Kira let him go, allowing him to breathe a little better than before. It was at that moment when Athrun remembered the time, saying to Kira, “I hope to see you again, Kira-chan. I have to get going, but I will see you when you are less cranky.”

Kira, even though her blush from earlier had receded completely, blushed again at the nickname that Athrun gave her before she smiled and nodded her head while saying, “Sure, Athrun. I’ll hold you to it.”With that, two friends walked away from each other, Birdy following its new master to where her parents were waiting for her. Little did either of them realize that they would see each other again sooner than they thought… in the middle of a battlefield.

December 25th, CE 70, L1 Area

Within a controlled sector of space, the OMNI Enforcer was making sure to keep its colonies safe and sound from the soldiers of ZAFT, in the off-chance that ZAFT was going about destroying colonies again. This ceasefire they were having was only a small reprieve from the conflict at hand, true, but it was better than nothing. There was no way something like an explosion would occur that would--

Suddenly, in an empty spot in the colony positions, an explosion did occur. What was originally nothing but empty matter soon unveiled a colony that wasn’t there before, one that looked like it belonged anywhere but L5, where the PLANTs were located.

Within a ship of the Agamemnon-class line that was in the area, the Chester Nimitz, the ship’s sensor officer was busy looking for the colony’s registration info. Upon finding nothing of the sort, he panicked visibly, knowing that this was supposed to be impossible.

It was at that moment that the ship’s captain and the fleet admiral that based his operations off of the Chester Nimitz came into the bridge. Upon seeing the panicking sensor officer, the captain floated over to the man’s station and asked, “What’s the problem? Is ZAFT in the area?”

The sensor officer shook his head, before pointing at the unknown colony through the viewport. The captain followed his gaze and saw the colony, before turning back to the man and saying, “I know there’s a colony there, but what about it?”

The sensor officer finally got a chance to breathe before he blurted out, “CHECK MY STATION, SIR!” With that, he left to return to his quarters, barely hearing the gasp of shock that came from the ship’s captain as he opened the door.

The admiral, not one to be left in the dark, floated over to the station itself and saw that this impossibility was happening in front of his very eyes! His eyes bugging out, the admiral rushed over to his seat and issued over his phone as a fleet-wide message, “ALL HANDS, LEVEL 2 BATTLESTATIONS! WE HAVE AN UNKNOWN BASE OF OPERATIONS THAT COULD BE HOSTILE TO US! PUT ALL SPACE FLAGS AND MOEBIUS UNITS ON STANDBY!”

Upon finishing the broadcast, the admiral hung up his phone, leaving people to wonder what all was going to happen while they did their duties. In truth, the men and women aboard the Chester Nimitz and the rest of the fleet were about to be in quite a shock, especially at what the first possible transmission they’d receive from the colony would be.

It was fifteen seconds before the scheduled time to launch all Mobile Weapons when the transmission came through, with a clear broadcast on all channels saying in perfect English, “Good morning, and Merry Christmas, Industrial 8. We know it might seem to be close to two months early, but we have succeeded in testing our first ever hyperdrive system, so keep in mind that this star system’s time is ahead of the UC by eight weeks.”

Knowing that confusion would occur without proper introductions made, the admiral checked the launch schedule, sighing with relief that the schedule was pushed back by three minutes because of this mess. Picking up his phone again, he issued another fleet-wide message, saying, “All hands, false alarm! We just have extra-solar visitors that are most likely unaware of the situation here. Let me deal with the situation in person, so as to keep things from going out of hand.” With that, he hung up his phone one more time before heading out to the shuttle that would take him to this Industrial 8 colony.

It took the admiral a few minutes, but he was permitted to enter the port, which wasn’t trouble in any way. When he entered port, the admiral was thoroughly shocked to see that the colony wasn’t expecting combat to arrive, which seemed to be a pleasant surprise if one were to forget that there was a war going on. However, the actively fit admiral shook his head, clearing his mind of the distractions that would occur.

By the time the admiral got to the entrance to the colony itself, he was greeted by a middle-aged man wearing a purple formal business suit with a green tie, who extended a hand in greeting and said, “Welcome to the Industrial 8 colony. My name is William Faulkner. I am the mayor of this colony, sir.”

The admiral returned the gesture of greetings and said, “It’s a pleasure to meet our first extra-solar visitors, Mayor Faulkner. I am Admiral Lee Roberts, of the Earth Alliance Forces Atlantic Federation branch of the space navy.” Releasing the handshake, the admiral further said, “Welcome to Planet Earth. May I ask why your first transmission included the term UC?”

Mayor Faulkner’s eyes visibly widened at hearing the name of the planet, before he asked, “Your planet is also called Earth?” Upon seeing a confused look in Admiral Lee Roberts’ eyes, the mayor calmed down before explaining, “We also come from Earth, but not this one. As for the UC, that’s short for our calendar system, the Universal Century.”

The admiral nodded his head to show his understanding, before saying to Faulkner, “Over here, our calendar system is the Cosmic Era. It’s probably going to confuse your citizens of this colony if they ever decide to leave here for seeing the rest of the Earth Sphere, but we’ll do our best to help out, considering that there’s a war going on since Valentine’s Day this past year that started because of terrorists attacking two different places.”

Faulkner felt that there was more to it than just terrorists, but he didn’t want to pry into the national secrets of his guest, even if these secrets weren’t really known to the admiral. Still, as the man didn’t want to be rude to military anywhere, he said, “Might I offer you some hospitality while we discuss the arrangements for our being here? I’m certain that we’ve caused quite a stir in your Earth’s war plans quite unintentionally, and I want to make sure we don’t cause something by accident.”

Roberts nodded his head, before pulling out his radio and activating it, saying into it, “Jonahson, do you read me?”

It took a moment, but the captain from earlier, Jonahson, replied, “This is Jonahson. I read you, Admiral.”

“I’ve been invited to discuss arrangements for Industrial 8 to be here, and I accepted the invitation. Don’t let anyone from BC attack the colony, as these people don’t need that happening to them.” Roberts heard the affirmative from Jonahson before he turned off his radio and put it away, letting Faulkner lead him to the nearest restaurant where they can discuss how to integrate the colony to the area for the time being.

When they arrived at the restaurant, which happened to be a Pizza Hut, they were surprised that it was open for business, and that a young teenage boy, with brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a white shirt underneath his blue denim coat, which had a logo for Anaheim Electronics (which Roberts later learned was a Mobile Suit manufacturing company that had an Industrial College on Industrial 7) on the left side of the zipper, blue denim jeans and brown boots, was entering ahead of them while muttering to himself, “Today doesn't feel right somehow, I just know it!”

When the boy made it to the counter, he asked the clerk, “Do you guys still have that opening for pizza delivery?” Upon getting a positive answer, he produced some papers that were job application sheets, saying, “I had to fill in all the details that I could, though if I missed anything, I could have Professor Bankcroft back on Industrial 7 help me fix that.”

Upon hearing that statement, the clerk asked the boy, “You mean you don’t know, Banagher?”

Banagher Links blinked his eyes and asked, “Know what?”

The clerk was spared from answering as Roberts and Faulkner came up from behind him, the mayor saying to Banagher, “This may come as a shock to you, but the hyperdrive system was a success, hence why we’re still alive today.”

Upon hearing that, Banagher turned around to face the mayor, before seeing the Admiral with him and studying the details of the uniform. When he realized that the uniform wasn’t for the Earth Federation, he then remembered that the mayor said something about a hyperdrive system. When he thought of what he was going to say, he asked, “Mister Mayor, do you know where we are in the galaxy? I mean, for all we know, this star system could have more than one moon orbiting this planet, and the only humans in outer space managed to be away from some sort of mystic continent that hasn't made any true progress in science all this time.”

Meanwhile, in the dimension in question, everyone in the continent of Halkeginia sneezed before the Familiar Summoning Ritual could begin for the school year.

Back in the proper dimension, Roberts looked Banagher in the eye and said to him, “Young man, this planet is another Earth, one with a different calendar system.” Ignoring the gasp of surprise, Roberts continued, “I would be more than willing to see to it that you don’t need to pay for school, seeing as this place might become a hotspot for conflict. I’ll see to it that you get moved over to a colony in L3 where you can be safe from the war that’s going on.”

Banagher, despite wanting to believe this was a joke, could feel the truth from those words. He never experience war before, and he didn’t want to start now, especially since he was far removed from Industrial 7. With that, he said to the admiral, “I’ll go to this school, but I’m still a student at Industrial 7. I need to make sure people aren’t all that worried about me, honest.”

Little did Banagher know what this school would be like, and that he and his new friends would be drawn into the war, whether they liked it or not.

A/N: Honestly, this was something that had been bugging me to write it for a while now, especially since reading UltimateGundamFighter’s version of the story (which, for those of you unaware, doesn’t have female Kira or female Setsuna). I honestly won’t take credit for the idea for this story, it was his to begin with, people.

By the way, before anyone asks, I labeled the prologue that way on purpose. Yes, this is the prologue, and, no, I won’t spoil why I labeled it this way. It was meant to be a joke that those in the Gundam fandom would get.

Mecha profiles will appear when I actually get to all the mecha… which will start in the first actual chapter. I’ll make sure to keep things original for when it’s needed.

Alright, now, off to the next chapter for me!

Until we meet again… farewell.
~Xamusel

Edited to be able to match formatting for the forum. It was a pain to fix this up, I tell ya, a right pain in the ass.

Edited again because of someone else's comments on another site that made me research better.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:21:50 AM by Xamusel »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Gundam: SEEDed Chronicles of 00
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:56:56 AM »
I've been meaning to ask, you do revision work on a lot of stories  but have you ever thought of presenting completely original fan fiction? Or are you reversioning by request?

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:17:59 AM »
Lantz, before I answer that question, I'll paraphrase something I learned from elsewhere: Originality is dying faster than you can say what an encyclopedia is for.

That said, I am thinking of writing and presenting original fanfiction, but there's a problem that I have with my writing and creativity levels that prevent me from doing that quite yet.

No idea what you mean by "reversioning by request", honestly, but I'd like an answer to that soon.

Now... as for the story itself, I was told of some errors that I needed to fix, including the original name of female Setsuna (which I decided after some deliberation would be Saleema instead of the Italian-based Serena). What would your opinion be on the story other than what I already pointed out?

Note that I also noticed that the machine gun's supposed to be a 30mm instead of a .50 caliber. I had to look that one up on MAHQ.

EDIT: Okay, now that I have a likely idea what you mean by "reversioning by request" because of asking Cherry, I will be honest about this. Nobody asks me to make another version of their stories. I write the stories if I feel like making another version of them. This is one of those times.

That answer your questions?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:49:42 PM by Xamusel »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »
Yes at least they do in theory

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »
Er, lantz, now you really have me confused.

What are you trying to say?

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:17:26 PM »
Er, could someone please lock this thread for me? I'm gonna post a more revised version of the story, but I don't want to do so in this thread.

Besides, this revised version could do some good for making me finish the first actual chapter, which was making me wonder when I'd get it done.

Thanks for understanding.