Author Topic: Fate/Twists - Retold  (Read 1065 times)

Willy Vereb

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Fate/Twists - Retold
« on: August 15, 2013, 08:33:38 PM »
Once upon a time I wrote a little Nasuverse fic called Fate/Twists.
It actually wasn't just one story but a collection of one-shots.
It was a bunch of "What if?" scenarios.
All of them had the potential to be turned into a fully fledged fic.
I was also eager to take requests but then the whole thing didn't kick off and I stopped it after the fourth installment.
Anyways, you can find them here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5202907/1/Fate-Twists

I think the overall idea was great and I managed to make the plot interesting enough.
The only issue was with the language itself.
You see I wrote this fic in 2009.
Back then my understanding of English was terrible. I pretty much only knew what I was taught about it in high school. And that's far from enough.
So nearly every one of my sentences were awkward IMO. Especially by my current standards.
I tried to solve it in 2011 but that was just a poor and lazy attempt at patchwork and grammar corrections.
Even then the edit feature of FF.net is a crackshot that can just eat up words and do other mess.
So in the end I think it made more harm than good.

Back to topic, I basically plan to rewrite this fic and then perhaps continue it.
I'm already working on chapter 1 and the difference is just astounding.

BTW, Chapter 1 is called "Tohsaka Sakura".
Yes, it details an alternate scenario where Sakura became the Tohsaka hier while Rin was adopted by the Matou household.
This chapter is basically an alternate version of the FSN prologue, now told from the perspective of Tohsaka Sakura.
It was actually one of the longest chapters I ever wrote for fanfiction.
I progress a bit slow because "rewriting" this chapter pretty much equal writing a whole new piece of fiction. Just with the same or similar plot.
Still, I predict it'll be out by today or tomorrow.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Twists - Retold
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:22:12 AM »
Well, this definitely looks interesting as an idea.

If you need any help with it (for example beta-reading) I'd be happy to assist you.