Author Topic: Hyperdimension Neptunia (anime)  (Read 6563 times)

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
Hyperdimension Neptunia (anime)
« on: August 11, 2013, 03:43:59 AM »
This season, Funimation are simulcasting the anime adaptation of Hyperdimension Neptunia for the US and Canada.

TVアニメ『超次元ゲイム ネプテューヌ』第2弾PV

The premise of the setting is a world in which the various console/handheld manufacturers are represented by distinct nations led by various goddesses (who themselves are incarnations of various consoles) and little sisters/candidates (based on various handhelds). Three of the realms are based on current console/handheld manufacturers, while the fourth is based on what would have been had a certain former manufacturer remained in that line of business. In addition, other characters in the setting are based on various software makers, while others are manifestations of various negative aspects of Gamindustri.

The adaptation, which is five episodes in as of yesterday, is said to be an original story, but one which mines various events and plot points from all three PS3 games in the series. Where things will go from here on in remains to be seen.

And of course, on a board like this, it's worth noting that both the lead character and her younger sister are representing Team Purple...

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (anime)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
Hmm, this looks amusing, although I can't tell who most of the characters are supposed to be (excepting the X-box one).

Also, if this is based on a PS3 game, I'm going to guess that the Sony representatives are the main characters....

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »
Well, you can easily tell who's who by their color (XBox=Green, PS3=Black, Wii=White), or by their name, in the case of the human characters (I(dea)F(actory), Compa(ile Heart), the companies who made the games).

And, actually, as the name implies, the main characters are actually the Sega representatives. :3 (Did I mention Sega distributed the first two games in Japan?)
(Though, funnily enough, the PS3 character is the most popular character in the series, to the point she will be getting her own game)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:42:50 PM by KAIZA »

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »
If it helps:

Aft row, left to right: Blanc (Wii), Rom and Ram (3/DS), Vert (Xbox)
Front row, left to right: Uni (PSP), Nepgear (Sega Game Gear), Neptune (The unreleased Sega Neptune), Noire (PS3).

In-universe, both Neptune and Nepgear have their own console (or handheld) forms; Nepgear's is called the "NPG", a pun on the "NGP" code used in the early development of the PS Vita.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:34:27 AM by Nerroth »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 06:23:39 AM »
Episode 6 is out. Now with the appearance of Anonydeath, the plot thickens once again. And that ending. [Plutia] I admit, I totally didn't expect her, of all people, to appear, even with Peashy appearing. I guess Rei's cameo in Ep. 1 wasn't just a coincidence.

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »
A sampler is up for the OST CD to be included with volume 2 of the Japanese BD/DVD releases:

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 07:28:55 AM »
This Nepdoroid will be buncled with volume 7 of the BD set over in Japan.

ZidanReign

• Maximum Shitposter.
  • Spiritron
  • I did it. I killed God.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »
based neptunia gods

blurays when

i need muh neptune
Asian people's eyes are squinty due to generations of staring disapprovingly at their offspring.

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »
Some info has been posted about the bonus Nepisode 13.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 11:03:47 PM »
Interesting. So we might be getting a happier resolution to the Peashy arc after all. That episode... ;_;
And, of course, more Victory antics.